We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

Americana Folk Rock CUE? (Mumford-ish)

Post by JonathanE » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:21 am

Hello friends!

I could really use some opinions. I think I've got a really banger folk rock instro, for listing S201024AM where they are asking for JUST a cue, but I am wondering... IS IT TOO MUCH FOR A CUE? A Mumford and Sons song is listed there, and so I think this is appropriate... but do you think I should axe a verse and chorus (to keep more of a "devolopmental line"? Or do you think it's too much just in general? Or would it work?

My instro is here: https://soundcloud.com/user-419913874-9 ... MmnTDuNi2A

THANKS FOR ANY THOUGHTS!
-Jonathan

Lots of MODERN AMERICANA/FOLK ROCK INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an extremely busy Music Library with a tremendously long list of killer placements in Hit TV Shows!

They’re on the hunt for a bunch of Mid-To-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that are in the general stylistic ballpark of these references:

"Gloria" by The Lumineers

"Moonglow Carolina" by The Way Down Wanderers

"Babel" by Mumford & Sons

"Locked Up" by The Avett Brothers

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumental Cues only for this pitch.

Send them well-crafted Instrumental Cues that ooze Americana/Folk charm and vibe from top to bottom! Captivating rhythms, expressive melodies, and authentic-sounding instrumentation are essential for this request. Construct your Cues around central melodic themes while adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation as they progress to create dynamics, interest, and a sense of forward momentum. If you use Virtual Instruments or samples, we’d suggest adding some real, organic instruments (drums, guitars, etc.) to add some "human touch" to your tracks. That can often be the thing that makes your music sound more "real" and authentic!

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings are strongly recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. You’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is not already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Saturday, October 24th, 2020. TAXI # S201024AM
“He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.”
https://www.taxi.com/members/jonathane
jonathan@earthenmusic.com

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Americana Folk Rock CUE? (Mumford-ish)

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:27 am

First off I would lose the count in as that most likely won't work to picture.

You have quite a heavy distorted guitar in your track that I don't hear in the references and that take's it out of the Americana/Folk vibe for me

I like the A section but it goes on for too long just repeating the same thing and I feel it needs some melody. At the moment it just sounds like a song with the vocal taken off ....note when they say " expressive melodies, and authentic-sounding instrumentation are essential for this request"...you got 2 things that need fixing to fit with that description IMHO.

Good Luck !

Mark

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JonathanE » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:50 am

Great points Mark, thanks very much, I think I’ll do just that.
“He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.”

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:32 am

JonathanE wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:50 am
Great points Mark, thanks very much, I think I’ll do just that.
Also you're over long so it's a great chance to tighten it up and remove sections that are just repeats

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JonathanE » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:08 am

Was thinking about that as well, thanks a lot!

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JonathanE » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:16 am

I took much of your advice, and it got forwarded. Thanks cosmicdolphin :D

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:40 pm

JonathanE wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:16 am
I took much of your advice, and it got forwarded. Thanks cosmicdolphin :D
Congrats !

( I claim my $5...that's how it works right :lol: )

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JonathanE » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:03 pm

Sounds fair to me! :-)

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:12 am

I just heard it on the forwards blog - you've titled it 'take flight', correct? Sounds great, lots of dynamics now that the distorted guitar takes a back seat. Congrats!

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JonathanE » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:20 am

Thanks Alan! Yeah, good advice for sure