An Evil EPIC Tale (With Lydia on Violins -New)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: UPDATED(Devil's Spawn)Hybrid ORCHmx

Post by billg » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:54 am

Man, this kicks A$$! I have no idea whether it's on target or not but will absolutely find a home somewhere if not with this listing . . . it's just too good to be ignored!

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: NewVersionOnTarget??? Devil's SPAWN Hybrid ORC

Post by k o star » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanks Cam... not sure which version U heard cos I modified the original one. This is the new Orchestral version & Big Blue was referring to previous version... hmmm, still confused abt being on target or not...Thanks Bill for the positivity... always helps to keep it going...-Kel
Keltrasonics Kellosphere & KO Quantum Leap =D

©2012, K. O. STAR (Kelvin) APRA- All Songs & Artwork Registered & Protected.
http://www.kostar8.com

t4mh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by t4mh » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Good work Kel!!! When you backed off the industrial guitar some it made the track sound...more mainstream, for lack of a better word. And I like industrial guitar! I'm not sure I would call this hybrid orchestral just yet but its closer! At any rate this should work well for the CRIME INVESTIGATIVE listing, however, you will need to edit this down to 60 seconds. We keep on learning don't we...Good Luck!Keith
I hear the voice of God in a bending guitar string!
Life is too important to be taken seriously
No electrons were harmed in the construction of this message.
http://www.t4mh.com

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by k o star » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:07 pm

Thanks Keith... Yey!Woah! I just listened again & I realized that exactly 60secs to the dot whereby my piano rolls just after the first "Chorus"... If I cut the song there... it would be a perfect fit for the CSI slow listing... looks like I found a DNA match for this track already =)Hahahaha! What a cool coincidence...Still, I'm hoping that I can also go for the Orchestra one... so I'm waiting for more feedback...If it's more positive feedback, I will add other Orchestra instruments in... eg. brass, flute, em... not familiar with what's used in Orch but will add more in, depending on feedbacks... Thank U so much for re-listening...Regards,Kelalso, Thanks for the Brilliant advice on backing off the guitars before... it sure worked man! =)

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by fusilierb » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Kel,Listening very loudly on headphones. I'd say its worth five bucks to find out for sure! I don't know what to tell you other than you've created a very interesting little monster here. I still like the first version better, but its not right for the listing. But it kicks so much ass!This is just really so interesting I don't know. Kill the opening and start with your piano again and let her rip man. If I was a listener and was waded through hours of "stuff" and this came on my head phones. I'd forward you just for making my afternoon better.B

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by k o star » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:13 am

Thanks Bryan... yea, I may just submit it in without any expectations just to take a little chance... Wouldn't it be interesting to hear what the critique have to say abt this track?... too bad this is only a Yes/No submission...Appreciate the re-listen & feedback...Well done on getting Ur 1st breakthru' into the Industry... I'm sure there'll be many more coming Ur way from the quality of Ur works... -Kel

ideascapes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ideascapes » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:55 am

Kel,Listened to the update version--it's really well done and there'll be a home for it somewhere. I still don't think you have the orchestral parts they way the listing calls for: "doesn't have to be a live orchestra but it definitely should not sound like you used "samples". To my ears, the industrial sounds still dominate. Check your ending as you're getting a gate/expander/compressing kicking in and it's cutting the fade in and out.Still, if I were you, I'd probably send it in. Easy for me to say with your $5!Vince

tcaddigan

Post by tcaddigan » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:07 am

Kel, this is AWESOME!maybe not right for the listing though.

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Even Further Orchestrated - DSPAWN

Post by k o star » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:08 am

Thanks Vince for the note on the ending fade... & for listening...Thanks Tcaddigan for the time checking this out... I've added much more Orchestra parts since...

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: An Evil EPIC Tale (added HORNS)

Post by k o star » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:08 pm

I've just added a horn section, trumpet section, chimes, double bass & a classical kit...Maybe, just maybe... now it's Orchestra? Hopefully it's still Epic...An Evil Epic Tale (formerly called Devil's Spawn)http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... =trueor1st track on:www.taxi.comPeace,-Kel