...and the deal-o-mania goes on: movie placement!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

brennanhester
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: ...and the deal-o-mania goes on: movie placeme

Post by brennanhester » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:40 pm

Right on, Martin! See you in L.A.!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:45 pm

That is really something special because obviously there's a limited number of music slots available in any movie. Congratulations!Hopefully it'll be a movie that has a life on television as well. Then you can collect royalties as the writer AND publisher. Same with foreign royalties for movie theater performances I guess.Very cool. Dave

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:36 pm

YeeHA! That was a hot track. How nice to finally get to hear it.I gotta tell you, this headphones-in-the-laptop concept could change my life.Keep it up, Martin. And keep up posted...TedC.U. at the rally!
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

rcase
Impressive
Impressive

Post by rcase » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:39 am

Quote:thank you very much for all your kind words, guys and gals - I'm flattered!I hope this is encouraging for others, too.cheers,martinWell, for me, it's encouraging to a degree, but intimidating as well. Oh well... job security for my therapist!!Seriously Martin, this is wonderful news, and indeed it is both encouraging and inspiring.
"Financial success as a songwriter requires 3 things: One, craft. Two, volume. Three, time." - Vikki Flawith

dgraham

Post by dgraham » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:23 pm

Easy to see why you got a placement...good studio work.. and guitar work... David

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:26 pm

Quote:Quote:thank you very much for all your kind words, guys and gals - I'm flattered!I hope this is encouraging for others, too.cheers,martinWell, for me, it's encouraging to a degree, but intimidating as well. Oh well... job security for my therapist!!Seriously Martin, this is wonderful news, and indeed it is both encouraging and inspiring. no need to feel intimidating - it took quite a while and lots of work to learn and develope some skills, it didn't come over night. no matter where you stand at the moment - be proud of what you already got; and if you want to develope your music just take one step after the other - and suddenly you walk! cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

gerrel
Active
Active

Post by gerrel » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:01 pm

I am so hyped up by this board!!! I'm doing vocals to three songs i worked on this past few weeks! I was coming to this site to get amped up(I like to do that before i record vocals)! Hopefully you guys will be hearing my story! Its fun being among kindred spirits i can be on a site like this all night listening to music of like minded people! What would be weird if some of us end up on big award shows and we met up at the top. That would be crazy! Forgive me guys I'm a dreamer!!!