Angle In Disguise

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Angle In Disguise

Post by edteja » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:45 am

I have posted a song and would seriously apreciate some feedback on the song-- most especially its production, which is a bit sparse compared to most of the music I've heard here recently. Also, anyone have a clue what genre this song is? It is Angel in Disguise. The percussion is a doumbeck.http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artisti ... 5Thanks.Ed
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Angle In Disguise

Post by rockmann » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:46 am

Ed,I'm not sure if I can put a finger on the genre either, but I know I liked it a lot. It transported me somewhere... took me right way from here. Very hypnotic.I think the sparse production fits this song very well. It's like an island song. It doesn't need all the fluff and extras. Very nice song indeed.Not sure any of this is much help to you... but I at least wanted to post that this song really grabbed me. Nice work!

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Angle In Disguise

Post by edteja » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:55 am

Thanks Steve. Like an island song, huh? I hadn't thought of that. My cowriter had decided that since Gordon Lightfoot is now considered Alt Country, then we should call everything we write Alt Country--not that our songs have anything to do with his... it's just my friend's quirky way of thinking about genres. Of course he is leaving marketing to me.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin