Another contract from a Taxi Forward!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nicotina
Impressive
Impressive

Another contract from a Taxi Forward!

Post by nicotina » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:09 am

I submitted a Dramedy tune I did 2 years ago with my old pal Marco Iannello. It got forwarded and we got a contract! We also got a couple more tunes placed with the library.
Once again, we owe this to Taxi, since Marco and I met at the Road Rally, and the Taxi forward got us in the door.

This is probably the fourth time that tune has been forwarded. The Taxi reviewer feedback helped us make it better. This time I tweaked the sounds based on the feedback, and based on what the listing was asking for. Sometimes you have to have faith that a tune is good: it just needs some TLC.

Best,

Vince

RobertElse
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Another contract from a Taxi Forward!

Post by RobertElse » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:53 am

Congrats, Vince! I don't know how many of us would succeed without TAXI, the screeners' feedback, and the community. Can't imagine trying to break into this world without the knowledge and support we get from TAXI.
Robert

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:44 am

nicotina wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:09 am
I submitted a Dramedy tune I did 2 years ago with my old pal Marco Iannello. It got forwarded and we got a contract! We also got a couple more tunes placed with the library.
Once again, we owe this to Taxi, since Marco and I met at the Road Rally, and the Taxi forward got us in the door.

This is probably the fourth time that tune has been forwarded. The Taxi reviewer feedback helped us make it better. This time I tweaked the sounds based on the feedback, and based on what the listing was asking for. Sometimes you have to have faith that a tune is good: it just needs some TLC.

Best,

Vince
I have always been thinking how fortunate I was to have met you at the Rally, Vince, and how easily we got along right off the bat. It took some effort, as it should be, that finally culminated into success. I too cannot thank Taxi enough for making this possible.
Last edited by superkons on Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

Rolf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Rolf » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:25 am

nicotina wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:09 am

Best,

Vince
That's great news. Congrats! I'm thankful too for the reviewer's feedback, extremely helpful.

molliechen

Post by molliechen » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:14 pm

Congrats! One of my tracks was also finally signed with a library after being forwarded three times. This track was written two years ago and my mixing skills have become a little better since then, so before I submitted it for the 3rd time, I polished it some based on the screener's feedback, and finally got a contract. :)

Rolf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Rolf » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:27 pm

Hi Vince, thanks for posting this. Your'e right keeping the faith is important. Congrats!