Another deal came through the pike today...

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

10westmusic
Active
Active

Another deal came through the pike today...

Post by 10westmusic » Tue May 27, 2008 5:17 pm

First of all, let me apologize for not being able to make postings and listen to all the cool music here lately, but I've just been so dang busy with the "big daytime talk show that we all know who it is but can't mention directly" along with everything else that I've got going on... that I just haven't had a chance to be on the forums for the past month or so. Nevertheless, I got an e-mail today from a huge LA music library that wants to sign one of my tracks that came about as a result of a TAXI listing. The basic gist of it was: HIPSTER LOUNGE/SPACE-AGE POP/EXOTICA SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS a la Esquivel, Martin Denny, Stereolab, Arthur Lyman, Saint EtienneAnd I guess now I'll be able to get 'em a bunch more stuff too. WHY? Because TAXI opened the door for me....which I never would've gotten on my own. So I guess I'm just trying to show to all the "nay-sayers" out there that don't believe in TAXI, that it really DOES work. Of course "WORK" being the key work here. If you do put the hard "WORK" into it, you will get the results. Anyway, here is the tune if y'all wanna have a quick listen. http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 5&stream=1

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Another deal came through the pike today...

Post by gitarrero » Tue May 27, 2008 10:10 pm

cool, congrats!btw I just checked my mail and found out that I also got a deal offered for such a loungy track.. keep going!martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Tue May 27, 2008 11:02 pm

10west & Gitarrero,Congrats on the deals, when were they forwarded by Taxi. Have a great day!Bob

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed May 28, 2008 1:23 am

May 28, 2008, 2:02am, bmete wrote:Congrats on the deals, when were they forwarded by Taxi. I'm not sure but I'd say somewhere in feb/march 2008.however, see dave walton's post about the horror movie-placement which took 2 yrs - so there's really no rule.the fastest offer I did get so far was within about a week, the "slowest" (..I wouldn't it call "slow" anyway..) maybe 9 or 10 month. note that I'm a member for just 1 1/2 years, so I don't have much experience on that;)
production, composition & stringed instruments

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed May 28, 2008 4:36 am

Congrats to both of you!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Wed May 28, 2008 4:52 am

May 27, 2008, 8:17pm, 10westmusic wrote:First of all, let me apologize for not being able to make postings and listen to all the cool music here lately, but I've just been so dang busy with the "big daytime talk show that we all know who it is but can't mention directly" along with everything else that I've got going on... that I just haven't had a chance to be on the forums for the past month or so. Nevertheless, I got an e-mail today from a huge LA music library that wants to sign one of my tracks that came about as a result of a TAXI listing. The basic gist of it was: HIPSTER LOUNGE/SPACE-AGE POP/EXOTICA SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS a la Esquivel, Martin Denny, Stereolab, Arthur Lyman, Saint EtienneAnd I guess now I'll be able to get 'em a bunch more stuff too. WHY? Because TAXI opened the door for me....which I never would've gotten on my own. So I guess I'm just trying to show to all the "nay-sayers" out there that don't believe in TAXI, that it really DOES work. Of course "WORK" being the key work here. If you do put the hard "WORK" into it, you will get the results. Anyway, here is the tune if y'all wanna have a quick listen. http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... &stream=1I haven't been here lately so I missed some of this. Congratulations on everything! PS - Check your PM

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Wed May 28, 2008 4:53 am

May 28, 2008, 1:10am, gitarrero wrote:cool, congrats!btw I just checked my mail and found out that I also got a deal offered for such a loungy track.. keep going!martinI checked my email... nothing. Oh I forgot... I couldn't/didn't submit anything for this.Congratulations!

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Thu May 29, 2008 2:14 pm

I'll Say It AGAIN GUY'S.....tHIS STUFF IS HOT........So well thought out ...the way you pan your voices...and the piece is just great.. You diserve all the marbles...ROLL WITH THEM!!! ROADRUNNER

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:58 pm

Congratulations 10westmusic! Really nice tune! Congrats to you as well Martin!!I-468

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jh » Thu May 29, 2008 6:17 pm

Congrats guys!- JH