Another forward and a good critque too!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

Another forward and a good critque too!

Post by oneeyewillie » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:12 am

A wide range of SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS are sought by a West Coast-based Management Co. (they rep. a current platinum-selling Rock group) that is starting a new Publishing division. They're open to styles from Carole King/James Taylor to KT Tunstall/Ray LaMontagne. They plan to pitch songs to film & TV projects and will offer both exclusive and non-exclusive deals. No instrumentals. Great vocal and instrumental performances are essential. Broadcast quality needed (excellent-sounding home recordings are OK). Please submit one to three songs per CD/online, include lyrics/photo/bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than June 14, 2007. TAXI # S070614SSName Willie McCulloch Listing # S070614SS Title: Row Me Down N/A 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (10=best) Music = 8 Lyrics = 8 Marketability = 8 Arrangement = 9 Production = 9 Engineering =9 Musicianship = 9 Lead Vocal = 9What a pleasure being my first listen today. Fantastic lead and harmony vocals. very catchy title hook. Simple lyric but very visual and the mood of the lyric, vocal and music fit perfectly. Very reminiscent of james Taylor. Just beautiful. Status: Forward Style On target for this listing = * Hard to classify Not close enough to what listing asked for Not "current" sounding Style not consistent enough from song to song for an artist pitchfits listing. Overall Commentshi Willie,The only issue I have is that i wish you had submitted more as this was a such a pleasure to listen to. thank for sharing your gift. Good luck to you!Sound Quality Well-recorded = * Not great, but clean enough for this listing Too much distortion Drums/percussion sound stiff and/or mechanical Instrumentation sounds too synthetic (see below)Excellent!The main reason(s) you were forwarded for this listing is:Because the song is gorgeous in it's structure, performance and recording. And it's a mood setting kinda song that i think could be used as background or featured behind picture. It's on my hosting page..."Row Me Down"Thanks 210I'm smilin` taeday...

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Another forward and a good critque too!

Post by billg » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:42 am

Wow! I can't even imagine what a great feeling it must be to receive a critique like that! Checked out the tune . . . I think i'd a given all 10's! -billg-

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

Post by oneeyewillie » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:38 am

Thanks Bill...Appreciate it...Willie

jensen
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jensen » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:20 am

I'm not surprised you got a forward and a great critique for the song willie,it stands out as a sure winner in its genre, I'm actually pretty familar with quite a few of your songs these days due to travelling in my managers car to some of my gigs recently, a little lady from west yorks by the name of Erika is a big fan of yours, and mine too now thank God !!!!!she plays your cd a lot while we are hurtling down the MI, says it calms her down and stops the road rage comin on,Your songs are a pure delight Willie, an absolute delight !!jensen

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:34 am

hey willy,great stuff - congrats!martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

Post by oneeyewillie » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:27 am

Thankye so Jensen, fer the kind words...Always trying... Thanks Martin...appreciate the looksee...Ah...Sunday Mornin`... Smell that bacon