Another lurker emerges!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JulianBlackmore

Another lurker emerges!

Post by JulianBlackmore » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been with Taxi almost a year now and while I've browsed the forums a few times I have generally been a lurker... :? I'm attending the Road Rally next month so thought I should introduce myself.

I'm a British composer based in NYC, playing in a house band as a 'day' job, and writing to briefs and custom jobs/walking the dog during the day. So far I've had about a 60% forward rate and I'm thoroughly enjoying the process. I've signed a few deals for tracks but for me this first year was all about figuring out the process and seeing how I can make it work.

I'm also one of those people that took about 20 years to join Taxi since first learning about it... Made slow progress on my own with various libraries and publishers and this is def speeding up the process.

Looking forward to meeting peeps at the RR soon!

And now back to mixing...

Cheers!

Julian

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Another lurker emerges!

Post by annayarbrough » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:00 pm

Hey Julian! Fellow expat here (Northern Ireland) living in NYC. Where in the city are you based? Look forward to meeting you at the rally!
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

JulianBlackmore

Re: Another lurker emerges!

Post by JulianBlackmore » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Hey Anna!

So sorry I didn't see this before the rally - it would have been great to connect!

I'm based in Inwood (upstate Manhattan :D ) but I play at Cafe Wha in Greenwich Village 4 nights a week. We should grab a coffee sometime and compare rent...

Hope the rally had lots of good takeaways for you!