Any feedback on this return much appreciated

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rtundo

Re: Any feedback on this return much appreciated

Post by rtundo » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:11 pm

Johnny,
You're spot on with what I was thinking. That's why I thought my song fit well as far as the "loose" structure goes and as well as a similar topic/vibe including But slowing down the BPMs to fit the requested tempo made the first part of my song drag and increased the length to 4:10.. Also my emphasis - bringing in the strings, increased percussion etc built to quickly in what I refer to as the pre-chorus and dropped quickly going into the hook/chorus (Making the second pre-chorus the focus of the song). I'm reworking the song by emphasizing/expanding the hook/chorus and better using the lengthy pre-choruses as bridges to begin the ramp up to highlight the chorus instead of hiding it. Thanks for your post. Glad you're interested. I really appreciate when people take time to share knowledge and experience with each other. Anytime you want input or want to bounce an idea feel free to contact me! I'll post the results when I have it reworked. (I was listening to some of your songs, and I really like them.)
Bob

rtundo

Post by rtundo » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:13 pm

Johnny,
You're spot on with what I was thinking. That's why I thought my song fit well as far as the "loose" structure goes and as well as a similar topic/vibe including But slowing down the BPMs to fit the requested tempo made the first part of my song drag and increased the length to 4:10.. Also my emphasis - bringing in the strings, increased percussion etc built to quickly in what I refer to as the pre-chorus and dropped quickly going into the hook/chorus (Making the second pre-chorus the focus of the song). I'm reworking the song by emphasizing/expanding the hook/chorus and better using the lengthy pre-choruses as bridges to begin the ramp up to highlight the chorus instead of hiding it. Thanks for your post. Glad you're interested. I really appreciate when people take time to share knowledge and experience with each other. Anytime you want input or want to bounce an idea feel free to contact me! I'll post the results when I have it reworked. (I was listening to some of your songs, and I really like them.)
Bob

rtundo

Post by rtundo » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:20 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:01 pm
rtundo wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:26 am
MODERN SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Male Vocals are needed...
Thanks for including the text of the listing. As you found, once the listing closes the direct link no longer works.
Yes slight learning curve. Just discovered the reply with "" button also. Now if I could only figure out how to delete my duplicative posts to Johnny (LOL)

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:29 pm

Well, if you say it twice, It'll double my learning and I'll remember 1/2.

rtundo

Post by rtundo » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:31 pm

johnnyrowing wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:29 pm
Well, if you say it twice, It'll double my learning and I'll remember 1/2.
Yes always double it and divide by 2. (Might be a song there) :lol:

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:04 pm

I'm makin' double divided by two
I've got less since I met you

:)

rtundo

Post by rtundo » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:33 pm

johnnyrowing wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:04 pm
I'm makin' double divided by two
I've got less since I met you

:)
You Doubled My Pain
And Split My Heart In Two

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:33 am

Unfortunately, links to expired listings don't work for others. You can use this link to find past listings: https://www.taxi.com/past_listings/adult%20contemporary
Type in the listing number in the search box. Here is the listing:
MODERN SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Male Vocals are needed for an (up to) $1,000, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement in an upcoming Independent Feature Film that's currently in post-production!

Note: You'll get 100% of the sync fee, and keep 100% of your publishing and master rights. No publishing splits.

This Music Supervisor is on the hunt for Songs with Male vocals that could work as a replacement for "Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthur, which is currently temped in:

"Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthur https://youtu.be/0yW7w8F2TVA?si=An8NSwhvwE6-KZo2

They're NOT looking for clones or soundalikes! Similar tempo, style, and overall vibe? Yes. Clones? No!

Quoting the Music Supervisor: "We need a Singer/Songwriter feel. Male vocals, organic instrumentation, but full of heart and soul. More uplifting than total devastation, with the glimmer of hope."

Tempo Matters: Because the scene is already edited, matching (or being close to) the tempo of the reference is strongly recommended.

Please send in current-sounding Singer/Songwriter Songs with a warm and bittersweet feel that matches the tone heard in the reference Song! Your submissions should have great musicianship, catchy melodies, memorable hooks, engaging rhythms, and well-crafted lyrics in the themes mentioned above. Organic instrumentation that's in the stylistic wheelhouse of the reference Song will work best for this pitch (think guitar-driven with some percussive elements and some additional instrumentation sprinkled in). Please make sure your production is polished and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and not dated-sounding. Expressive, well-performed Male vocals are the way to go.

Lyrics that avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, places and profanity will make your Songs easier to place.

Please do NOT copy the referenced artist or song in any way, shape, or form. Use it as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

The license fee for this placement is (up to) $1,000, depending on the ultimate use. This is a Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Copyright and Master Recordings, plus you’ll also get 100% of the License Fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control your Copyright and Master Recordings to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS for this request. Sorry folks, but we're on an extremely tight deadline, so please don't even ask! Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Sunday, December 10th, 2023. TAXI # S231210SU

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:45 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:57 am
FWIW, my thoughts are....
- Its missing a sense of focus on a main hook that spotlights the key words and makes it memorable.
- The vocal performance is good but the overall sound and instrumentation could use some polish.
- At 4:10 its quite a lot longer than it needs to be, and my suggestion would be to keep the song developing faster by trimming it down to about 3m or so. Sonically, I like where it goes at 2:48 but its a long wait to get there.
I think think this pretty much covered it. It's a very pretty song but as the screener said has a less contemporary overall feel. It would take more than just the tempo change you did to make it fit THIS listing. It's pretty much a given that songs need to get to the hook in under a minute (The ref track takes a LITTLE longer) and that over 4 minutes is too much, cap it at around 3:00 give or take some. With rework, it could fit another listing or opportunity.

Good luck!

Best,
:D Casey

rtundo

Post by rtundo » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:16 am

Thanks Casey. I agree. I think I got great advice on this one. Thanks all!