Any feedback please. Thanks

Post by HSchenk » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:21 am

EMOTIONALLY UPBEAT POP/ROCK INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Will this work for the listing or not?

https://soundcloud.com/harold-schenk/se ... ental-cues

Thank you for your time.
Harold

[LISTING EXPIRES TOMORROW]
EMOTIONALLY UPBEAT POP/ROCK INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a fast-growing European Music Library that's building a new catalog and is looking for a bunch of music in this style!

NOTE: We recently ran this request as TAXI #Y191220PR – the company loved what we sent them! They’ve asked us to re-run this request to see if we could find them even MORE great material. If you submitted to TAXI **#**Y191220PR please submit different material this time around!

They want Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

“Superheroes” by The Script

“Hymn For The Weekend” by Coldplay

“Rescue Me” by OneRepublic

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumental Cues only for this pitch.

Please submit well-developed Pop/Rock Instrumental Cues that have a mainstream sound and vibe. Your Instrumental Cues should be built around contagious rhythms and captivating melodies. Be sure to stick to a central motif from beginning to end, while adding and subtracting layers of additional instrumentation as your Cues progress to create some forward momentum. Please avoid sending in anything that that sounds stiff, synthetic, or obviously MIDI-driven. Adding some real guitars over tracks that have been built with Virtual Instruments could help give them a “real deal” feel.

Submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumental Cues you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, March 11th, 2020. TAXI # S200311ND

TAXI # S200311ND

ilikered
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Any feedback please. Thanks

Post by ilikered » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:29 am

Hi Harold, I think the progression/mood fit the listing just great, and it's a good song, my concern would be that it's not rock enough? Seems a little light. Any way to add some guitars in the chorus' or punch up the drums a little, I think that's all it would take?
Having said that, I think there's a good chance it would get forwarded the way it is,

-Vikas

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:15 am

Good stuff. Its got a chance.

IMO:

#1 needs a stronger beat / drums more forward / more distinctive sounds on the drums. A/B against the refs.
#2 same but less so.

Also missing a really pushing / pulsing bass a la Rescue Me.

I think you could tweak these to hit a little harder and be more distinctive.

Mastering counts too: if the Youtube versions of these tracks sound louder than yours to the ear, then you might have a little work to do there. Youtube already volume normalizes their tracks.

HSchenk

Post by HSchenk » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:02 am

Thank you very much for you input.
Harold