Any Forwards for listing S091023CO?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jacobgraff

Any Forwards for listing S091023CO?

Post by jacobgraff » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:58 am

I just got into the country songwriting game recently and was curious as to what may have been forwarded to this listing. I tried 2 songs that got general positive reviews, but were returned. Perhaps if we all can see what hit the bullseye we can better focus our aim next time.My 2 songs returned were. "Better Late Than Never" and "40 is the New 30" if anyone has any thoughts.http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.p ... d=23454God BlessJacob

waltl
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Any Forwards for listing S091023CO?

Post by waltl » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:17 am

Jacob,I really enjoyed both songs - lyrics, music, and performance. My one thought was that, while the hooks were both very good, it seemed to take a while before they were used in the songs. It seems to me that with commercial country hits, normally you hear the hooks much sooner, for example, Trace Adkins "You're Going to Miss This."Walt

ottlukk
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ottlukk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:09 pm

Jacob: Listened to both tunes, you have a knack for lyrics, and I also like your voice. Comments: 40 is the new 30. I'm way older than either of those numbers, but here's a chorus that reminds people that they're getting old. No one likes that at any age. It's pretty, and I liked the verses. Maybe you could refer togetting older in a different way? Better than Never also shows you have a talent for lyrics. What can I say? I liked it.Ott

jacobgraff

Post by jacobgraff » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:38 am

Thanks to both Walt and Ott. Good advice from you both.