Any Staffpad users out there? What's your feedback?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

RobertElse
Impressive
Impressive

Any Staffpad users out there? What's your feedback?

Post by RobertElse » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:57 pm

Hi all -

I was very interested in Steve Barden's recent comment as the guest on Taxi TV (June 14 episode) that using the Staffpad app has completely changed his composing process, and he uses it almost exclusively now for tracks. I think he said he hasn't touched his DAW in quite a while. Quite a statement from a composer of his stature and success in the production music world.

So I'm interested, but it's $89 and no trial/demo version is available. Plus $99 for an Apple Pencil 1st generation for my iPad pro 2nd generation.

I searched the Forums and was surprised to find nothing except Steve's announcement of his Staffpad how-to book, which I now have because I got a great deal on it, and can return it if nothing works out. It's very comprehensive and answers some questions I had. I've got his other 2 books too, which I highly recomment BTW.

Any of you have Staffpad experience, good or bad? Would love your comments.

Thanks,
Robert

stevebarden
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Any Staffpad users out there? What's your feedback?

Post by stevebarden » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:06 pm

Hey Robert, hopefully others will comment on their experiences. You mentioned how I feel about it. It's true, I love it. Please check out my YouTube channel. I have several videos of tracks I wrote in StaffPad. In fact, the videos are screencasts directly from StaffPad so you can see the app in action. I also indicate which sound libraries I've used with each score.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdVTfa ... f9OGqg9T2g

RobertElse
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Any Staffpad users out there? What's your feedback?

Post by RobertElse » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:05 pm

Steve - Great to hear from The Man himself! Thanks for the reply and I'll check out those resources.
Best wishes,
Robert