Anybody go through this?

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Anybody go through this?

Post by squidlips » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:48 pm

Hey Rob:I like the self-contract idea! It was also in my stress management class last semester and it's a really good idea. Makes for slow, steady progress and helps maintain a person's integrity and self-respect (dumping useless guilt, etc).Can't believe I forgot that, it was only last month! Anyway, thank you so much for reminding me. I'll get to work writing out a contract tonight and start honoring those goals tomorrow. This helps a lot, I appreciate it.

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:55 pm

Great idea - I actually "took the week off" from writing this week. I'm going on a vacation all by myself for 10 days to spend some quality time with myself and then visit friends for a girls weekend (well, us "girls" and thier kids...) Even though I'm the only non-Mom there, I am great with thier little ones so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm putting a 10 year long difficult chapter of my life behind me with this trip, so this should be great.I'm planning on a lot of writing or at least starting my new goal of writing down the ideas when they pop into my head or I hear / see something that I want to remember. I'll be near the ocean in Maine and hopefully out on a boat trip, which is always a great inspiration for me, so here's hoping I'll have music to share when I get back.Thanks for the contract idea and the inspiration and the tips on the singing!

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:43 pm

How weird is this? I'm going on a five-day vacation in two weeks, to the ocean too. Alone in a lovely condo. I'm taking all my music gear, in case the muse strikes, but honestly, I'll probably jes fry myself in the sun and read trashy novels. I'm really glad you're celebrating the end of that long 10 years, Anne. It's wonderful to deliberately mark the spot when something new starts. Exciting! Yay! And girl weekend too. (can it get better than that?)Have a blast, swee'pea. Thanks for the wonderful support, I appreciate it a lot.