Anyone recording horn parts?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Anyone recording horn parts?

Post by ernstinen » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:19 pm

Quote:What happend....what I miss guys? I don't know, matto. Some high profile guys have gotten pissed off and jumped ship, but I never heard of Nick professing any problems. So we'll have to wait for gorilla boy to speak for himself! Ern

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:29 pm

Quote:Some high profile guys have gotten pissed off and jumped shipOh yeah that I was aware of...

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nickbatzdorf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:41 pm

NS is all through, Ern. I feel like I've been duped by gracing it with my presence all this time. They banned Craig Sharmat - along with every other composer who does demos for SI except Kaveh Cohen. Guess why? I didn't realize the extent of things.Very sad, because it used to be a great forum. I've moved over to VI-Control.You've seen this, right: www.northernenclosure.net.

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:28 pm

Quote:NS is all through, Ern. I feel like I've been duped by gracing it with my presence all this time. They banned Craig Sharmat - along with every other composer who does demos for SI except Kaveh Cohen. Guess why? I didn't realize the extent of things.Very sad, because it used to be a great forum. I've moved over to VI-Control.You've seen this, right: www.northernenclosure.net.Wow, I'm so sorry, Nick! We had a great time. I miss Brady (not!).And thanx for the punctuation lessons.Ern

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nickbatzdorf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:30 pm

They don't realize how totally unethical they are. I can't support that.

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nickbatzdorf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:30 pm

(I mean I can't support their lack of ethics. Who cares if they have their heads in the sand.)

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:55 pm

Quote:They don't realize how totally unethical they are. I can't support that.Well, you shouldn't if they're complete @ssholes! (My spelling!). HehHeh!Have a great weekend,Ern

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nickbatzdorf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:01 pm

They're just under a certain person's spell, Ern, and they pretend that everyone they've banned is promoting something that competes with them and therefore it's justified. At this point I'm quite resentful. I was about to advertise there too.And it's not a small thing leaving, because I get a lot of subscriptions from there. But I'm not going to support something I think is just plain wrong.

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:18 pm

Thanks for all the recording tips.I agree with matto, the composition is as important as the sounds that are chosen. Helps to think like a horn player.I also agree that a single live horn can add a great deal. Nothing like the real thing, baby.The only thing I'll add is: when sequencing the horns don't use quantizing. The slight variations will keep it from sounding so synthesized.Sorry about your experiences Nick. I don't know the whole story but it sounds familiar since I've been on the wrong end of unethical music business practices before.

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:54 pm

Hmm, "unethical music business practices" I thought the terms were generally always linked together About getting realistic horn sounds, we've found everything everyone mentioned here helps immensely. We just started using a wind midi controller and it's made a huge difference. Also the patch you choose and not quantizing. And of course, one or two real performances is the number one way to help. Interesting about the Northern Sounds. I've never frequented the forums but it has been an invaluable resource for all of our GigaSampler problems. We always seem to find an answer on that site. Theresa