Anyone recording horn parts?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Anyone recording horn parts?

Post by matto » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:09 am

Quote:It used to be a great forum, Roughly. I've met a lot of great people there, learned a lot myself, and they helped launch my magazine (Virtual Instruments). But they have a nasty habit of banning people who don't tow their advertiser's line - including a friend of mine who was a big part of the heart and soul of that forum, who even organizes what used to be called LANS (LA Northern Sounds) get-togethers in town here. He got banned for absolutely no reason other than not lying about how good a certain budget library is - even though he recommends it to people in the right context. It's just ludicrous.I'm very disappointed in what's happened to that forum, and in all honesty I feel like I've been the victim of a fraud. You might check out VI-Control.net. The percentage of high-caliber people is much higher there now, and lots of people know and use Giga.Wow...banning Craig...that REALLY takes the cake. I mean there was not a fairer and more helpful poster than him. He certainly never got involved in "brand wars" or made any kind of condescending statements about anybody's product. He just tried to give helpful opinions, and since he's one of the few individuals who owns practically everything under the sun , they were particularly well founded opinions.I can't see myself hanging around at NS for much longer...I mean what good is a "Sample Library Discussion" forum if you can't discuss sample libraries .VI looks like the place to be, all the pros that used to be on NS and got banned are over there now.I wish I knew what Gary's deal is...I mean GPO is a great entry level product, and in the right hands it's capable of pretty impressive results. He's sold a TRUCKLOAD of those things...why can't he be happy with that?matto

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:53 am

Thanks for the info on that other forum. I will definitely check it out. Also, Nick I am checking out your magazine. I have a feeling I you will be getting a subscription from us soon. It looks great for an unbelievable price. Theresa

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:01 am

Yeah Nick can you give a link please, somehow I can't find it right now...I need to subscribe, and there's a musician friend's birthday coming up as well. Thanks!

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nickbatzdorf » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:10 am

www.VirtualInstrumentsMag.comSorry, I didn't mean to spam when I mentioned it.

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:34 am

Quote:www.VirtualInstrumentsMag.comSorry, I didn't mean to spam when I mentioned it. Thanks Nick...don't worry, you weren't.