with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

carel11
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

anyone using outputs arcade ?

Post by carel11 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:51 pm

Just looking at some of the latest stuff from NAMM
Output was bragging about it's ARCADE loops...any one using it, and if so, what's the skinny?
thanks
carL
a little rock, a little roll, and a rather unfocused gaze
carl wurzbach

https://www.taxi.com/my/artist
https://soundcloud.com/carelw
http://carlwurzbach.com

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: anyone using outputs arcade ?

Post by eeoo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Funny you should post this, i just finished a tune using arcade as a pad looper/morpher. It's a fun instrument, lots of happy accidents because you don't play it like a keyboard, it's like a texture maker, at least for me.

NaeDae
Impressive
Impressive

Post by NaeDae » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:16 pm

carel11 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:51 pm
Just looking at some of the latest stuff from NAMM
Output was bragging about it's ARCADE loops...any one using it, and if so, what's the skinny?
thanks
carL
Keep in mind those $10 a month payments add up ($120/year or $600 every 5 years). Still, it's cool. They update it with some really nice loops and it also lets you put your own loops in, which is helpful for workflow. I want them to make a stand-alone $50 version that doesn't come with the subscription but lets you put your own loops in it.

bennetthughes

Post by bennetthughes » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:47 am

It's a cool tool for sure. I wasn't super impressed with the layout, and had a couple issues when trying to swap the tempo sync to match a 6/8 groove. But.... they just released a new version and hopefully that was fixed up. It is a lot of fun though, and more than that, very musical. I hear it all over the place on modern pop tunes. I ended up un-subscribing but was able to keep the loops I downloaded.

-b

dannyrichardson

Post by dannyrichardson » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:49 pm

I have been using Arcade for the past six months or so. I absolutely love it.

Compared to Splice, it's no brainer. I love that it actually is a plugin inside your DAW. Splice can be a little annoying as I have to choose from the website, navigate to the file explorer inside Cubase and then warp the audio to a given tempo.

The bad? Arcade is a little loop-heavy, in the sense that any given "patch" has a key. Most patterns hover around the tonic note of the key you're in, making it tough to add cool chord changes. That being said, you can still pitch each one to a given chord, but this can be tedious.

There are so many great patches I have yet to discover. The library inside Arcade is vast. I couldn't recommend it more.