Re: Anyone willing to listen, give feedback on my track? (DISCO linked at bottom)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Anyone willing to listen, give feedback on my track? (DISCO linked at bottom)

Post by Casey H » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:15 am

Hey Brent
I thought the screener was a bit over-picky there but the listing did say, "(it's NOT advisable to change the lyric or melody)". It bothers me some because it was for an ad campaign and they could easily use the earlier choruses. Ads are 30-60 seconds and copy/paste works fine. The lesson learned though is don't do what a listing says is not advisable as the screener will (rightly so) follow the charter.

Is the note at around 00:36 on "get" different than the original? It sounds different to me though it could be my old ears. THAT would concern me more if it's not the same as the original.

The good news is a lot of libraries are looking for re-imagined covers these days as they've become very popular. So there's lots of opportunities for this.

Best,
:D Casey

BrentWhiten
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BrentWhiten » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:42 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:15 am
Hey Brent
I thought the screener was a bit over-picky there but the listing did say, "(it's NOT advisable to change the lyric or melody)". It bothers me some because it was for an ad campaign and they could easily use the earlier choruses. Ads are 30-60 seconds and copy/paste works fine. The lesson learned though is don't do what a listing says is not advisable as the screener will (rightly so) follow the charter.

Is the note at around 00:36 on "get" different than the original? It sounds different to me though it could be my old ears. THAT would concern me more if it's not the same as the original.

The good news is a lot of libraries are looking for re-imagined covers these days as they've become very popular. So there's lots of opportunities for this.

Best,
:D Casey
Hey Casey,
Thanks for chiming in on the track. I see you've been doing this for quite a while and quite successfully. So thank you for the words of encouragement.
Yes, lesson learned. You ever felt that nudge that is saying to you "that's a little distracting, or that's not quite right" etc. etc. ?

Well I had that little nudge a couple of times during the production of this track with that particular issue. And, I just ignored it. Maybe I was so far along in the process
it would have taken a lot more work to fix, and thought well the last chorus is exact melody etc...

Usually, when I think back on it, there was usually an opportunity to "fix" something that ended up costing me a forward.
Sometimes I'm guilty of trying to get "too cute" with stuff.

And yes.. the note on "get" is different from the original. Because the chords are different. That was one of those nudges "maybe I should change this".. :D

I'm grateful for the feedback from the screeners and people on the forum.. Helps me get better!

Thanks again and have a great week.

Brent
Thanks!
Brent Whiten

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:41 pm

Yea, sometimes you don't get a peaceful, easy feeling about a submission. :lol: :lol:

BrentWhiten
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BrentWhiten » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:05 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:41 pm
Yea, sometimes you don't get a peaceful, easy feeling about a submission. :lol: :lol:
:lol:
Thanks!
Brent Whiten