Are these Action-y?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

amos
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Are these Action-y?

Post by amos » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:16 am

Hey everybody,Not sure if these are in the vein of action/chase or not.Quote:The Owner of a new Music Library needs a wide range of high-energy DRAMA INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) for ACTION/CHASE SCENES for use in film/TV/commercials, etc. This production music veteran signed dozens of TAXI writers to his previous company, and wants to repeat that same type of success with this new venture. He needs tracks with button ending - no fade-outs. This company will offer a standard exclusive deal where they will control the publishing rights of the songs they sign, the writer keeps the writer's share of the royalties, and the license fees are split between company & writer. Great performances are essential. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Oct. 15, 2007. TAXI # S071015INIf you wouldn't mind listening to "Action Scene1" and "Rough Waters" I'd appreciate your feedback.http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.p ... atisThanks!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Are these Action-y?

Post by davewalton » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:22 am

Hey Amos,I think if I listened to the first one not knowing what the intent was then I'd say "suspense". The second track has an epic type sound, like Lord Of The Rings or something. In either case, I don't see a car chase, for example, in my minds eye or an action-oriented fight scene.If it were me, I'd definitely submit these. You'll get a critique which will specifically answer your questions and then if they forwarded one or more to get some music on the quieter end of the "action" scale, then great! Regardless of the relationship to the listing, both tracks sound great. Dave

avillaronga
Impressive
Impressive

Post by avillaronga » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:00 am

I think "Action Scene" is more suspense (as Dave said) but I could see a chase scene working with "Rough Waters", even though there are some quieter moments on that piece, the fast string runs could really make it work. I'm picturing two people chasing each other on foot rather than a car chase but I don't think the listing asked specifically for car chases. "Action Scene" has two or three points where the low end distort a bit, I listened on both headphones and monitors and seems like a bit too much low end. It's a very short hit that makes it distort so not a huge deal but you should probably take care of that if you submit this piece. I'll be submitting to this listing too, hopefully I can have them ready in advance to get some feedback here on the forum.Good luck! Antonio

amos
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by amos » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:05 am

Thank you very much Dave and Antonio. I appreciate the feedback.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:39 am

Quote:If it were me, I'd definitely submit these. You'll get a critique which will specifically answer your questions DaveNote - there are no crits on this listing.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

amos
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by amos » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:39 am

You're right Hummingbird. Darn! I'm doing it anyways.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:49 am

Quote:Quote:If it were me, I'd definitely submit these. You'll get a critique which will specifically answer your questions DaveNote - there are no crits on this listing.I was going by the listing that Amos posted...Quote:The Owner of a new Music Library needs a wide range of high-energy DRAMA INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) for ACTION/CHASE SCENES for use in film/TV/commercials, etc. This production music veteran signed dozens of TAXI writers to his previous company, and wants to repeat that same type of success with this new venture. He needs tracks with button ending - no fade-outs. This company will offer a standard exclusive deal where they will control the publishing rights of the songs they sign, the writer keeps the writer's share of the royalties, and the license fees are split between company & writer. Great performances are essential. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Oct. 15, 2007. TAXI # S071015INThere's definitely a critique on this one.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:10 am

HiSorry to be quick but I only have a few minutes while here on the day job...Action Scene 1: Not a chase scene track at all. It's more drama/suspense as others have noted... BUT it's a really good track for other applications.Rough Waters: Pretty much the same thing. Great track for drama, not action/chase... These will do well for other library pitches assuming the sound quality is there (listening on lap top speakers right now)... Casey

amos
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by amos » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:04 am

Dave, you were right, this is critiqued as far as I know.Hurowitz, I appreciate your advice and help. Do you or anyone else have any examples of what action/chase might be?thanks

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:09 am

Quote:Dave, you were right, this is critiqued as far as I know.Hurowitz, I appreciate your advice and help. Do you or anyone else have any examples of what action/chase might be?thanksI'll take a peek if I can. You can watch some movies that have chase scenes and pay close attention... You might be able to google for music libraries and key words like "action" and "chase". A number of music libraries have samples on their sites. And then, I suspect Matto could point you to good examples... Casey