Asking for feedback for EPIC, ACTION ORCHESTRAL HYBRID (please!)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BrentI
Impressive
Impressive

Asking for feedback for EPIC, ACTION ORCHESTRAL HYBRID (please!)

Post by BrentI » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:24 am

Hey all, hoping to get some feedback on a cue I composed for the following listing! Anything is helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance!

https://www.taxi.com/members/KWQ2l_pFSJ ... -lay-siege
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
EPIC, ACTION ORCHESTRAL HYBRID INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed for Sports-Related placements by a seasoned Music Supervisor working on an upcoming project!

NOTE: This Music Supervisor is BRAND NEW to requesting music from TAXI. This is a great opportunity to create a new outlet for your music and begin a new relationship with an awesome music supervisor!

This Company is looking for High-Energy Instrumentals in the general style of the following references:

"Black Angels Rise" by Mark John Petrie - https://youtu.be/49GDKLDzXsw

"Evil Reborn" by Charles Evans - https://youtu.be/OFPFVXlAnN4

"Legendary" by Antti Martikainen Music - https://youtu.be/DIl6oQtkBJk

Please submit well-composed Orchestral Hybrid Instrumental Cues that exude an overall epic sound and vibe and could work well for sports-related placements. Your submissions should have strong motifs, driving rhythms, excellent arrangements, and tons of unapologetic energy. Top-notch Orchestral instrumentation that seamlessly blends in elements of Rock, Electronic, and/or Hip-Hop will suit your submissions best. Please be sure that your production is polished and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and not dated. Craft your Cues around a central motif and layer instrumentation in and out as they progress to create strong dynamic arcs (peaks and valleys) and forward momentum.

Your submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Please do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Asking for feedback for EPIC, ACTION ORCHESTRAL HYBRID (please!)

Post by DouglasKnight » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:50 am

Very nice job on this Brent! It's not my area of expertise, but sounds really good to my ears, overall! One thing I noticed thought was that the distorted guitars sound a little out of sync with the strings from :36 to :48. Also, when the drum kit kicks in at 1:25 it sounds a bit muffled to me and not as powerful as it could. Hope that helps a bit, and good luck on this one! Doug

BrentI
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Asking for feedback for EPIC, ACTION ORCHESTRAL HYBRID (please!)

Post by BrentI » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:07 am

DouglasKnight wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:50 am
Very nice job on this Brent! It's not my area of expertise, but sounds really good to my ears, overall! One thing I noticed thought was that the distorted guitars sound a little out of sync with the strings from :36 to :48. Also, when the drum kit kicks in at 1:25 it sounds a bit muffled to me and not as powerful as it could. Hope that helps a bit, and good luck on this one! Doug
Thanks Doug!

I know exactly which part you're talking about. I did work that section to tighten up the timing, but you're right...it could use a little more attention. I'll revisit the drums too.

I appreciate it!