At the end of the line, here...everything returned!

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

At the end of the line, here...everything returned!

Post by lgstarr » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Returns as of 2/22/17:

SONG TITLE LISTING # STATUS REASONS NOT FORWARDED COMMENT ID#

Help Wanted Y170211PS R Stylistically Off Target Style isn't similar to the example songs mentioned in this listing and could have a more Top 40 R&B/Pop sound needed here. #312
Help Wanted S170131CR R No comment No comment #19

(I Will Remember) Loving You S170207AC R No comment No comment #374

False Paradise S170207AC R No comment No comment #374
False Paradise Y170202PB R Recording This track has too much processing on it. Too much echo causing the piece to lack clarity. #325

Picking Up The Pieces Y170202PB R Lyrics This track feels too insistent to work well with these scenes. #325
Picking Up The Pieces Y170131BA R Other Your song leans AC but has a retro sound that doesn't appeal to our listing. #309

Carry On, My Country Y170203CI R Instrumental Performance
Stylistically Off Target Hi Linda, I think the vocals are warm and light with nice consistency and clarity. Stylistically I find that the vocal style is on target for the song/theme but I find that the classic, dramatic, patriotic feel feels out of step with pretty raw, contemporary feel of the references. I also worry that the instrumentation feels a bit thin and underdeveloped. I think that a fuller, more orchestral arrangement would help bring this together nicely for the right listing. #347

It’s Lotta’s Turn U170125ES R Lyrics Good effort, Linda, but not lyrically relatable enough to this project to work here. #374

Double Agent Man Y170125ES R Music Hi Linda, Good lyric hook but not distinct enough to the 60’s to work for this pitch. #374

Fringe Benefits Y170125ES R Vocal Performances Nice effort, but the vocal would need more commercial appeal to work here. Also, rhythm section would need to sound more organic. #374

Spy Now Overture Y170125ES R Music Stronger 70's vibes over the 60's with this one. All that said, I enjoyed listening. #374

I TRIED POST THIS WORD DOC AS AN ATTACHMENT (.docx) BUT IT WOULDN'T LET ME--IT'S MUCH EASIER TO READ IN THAT FORM. I MADE MY MUSIC AND LYRICS AND BIO PUBLIC SO I GUESS THAT IS HOW SOMEONE HERE WOULD LISTEN?

--Linda

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: At the end of the line, here...everything returned!

Post by hummingbird » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi - if you look in your submission history, click on the listing number and the text of the listing will appear in a box. You can then copy and paste the listing into your thread here.

We will need a link to your TAXI page - I don't have your full name so it's not possible for me to find it.

Mine is https://www.taxi.com/vikkiflawith for example.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Pvgeldrop wrote:Without having the opportunity to listen to the specific tracks and find the related listings, one recurring comment seems to be that the songs don't fit the listings. Did you use already existing material, or did you write specifically for these listings?
It's my understanding from what Linda has said, that she is submitting already recorded material to which she cannot make any changes.

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lgstarr » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 pm

hummingbird wrote:Hi - if you look in your submission history, click on the listing number and the text of the listing will appear in a box. You can then copy and paste the listing into your thread here.

We will need a link to your TAXI page - I don't have your full name so it's not possible for me to find it.

Mine is https://www.taxi.com/vikkiflawith for example.
My name is Linda Starr but I cannot seem to find the URL to post!!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:46 pm

I can't find a Linda Starr using the usual url, sorry. Are you sure that's the name on your account?

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lgstarr » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:51 pm

hummingbird wrote:I can't find a Linda Starr using the usual url, sorry. Are you sure that's the name on your account?
My username is lgstarr ... that must be it. I appreciate your tenacity with this :-)

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Linda, can you go to taxi and log in,
choose 'my account' and under it 'my artist info' and tell me what is in the last box on that page where it says
My TAXI link: www.taxi.com/ {what is in this box}

Thanks

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi Linda,
Its always disappointing for all of us to get tracks returned, so I understand your frustration. You listed less than a dozen pieces though, and it often takes more than that to orient ourselves to what the screeners (and therefore the industry beyond) are looking for. Without listening to your tracks and also comparing them with the listings and examples, its difficult to conclude anything, but perhaps you already have some ideas from the feedback what's not working for you. For example, common things that can trip us all up can include:
- lyrics, vocal delivery/style
- music production/arrangement/style/sounds
- poor match to listings
Its often difficult to judge our own material objectively, but compared with the examples give for each of your returns, do you think your tracks stand up and have similar attributes as described in the listings? If so, then maybe it just bad luck, but there's probably something missing and if you listen closely it might become clearer. If its the writing and/or music production then seeking collaborators may be helpful. However, its easy to underestimate how exacting the listing requirements can be, and however good your songs are they simply might not match the listing. Its a problem we all have to some extent, and there's always plenty of discussion about it here.

I see that Vikki is trying to help, and no doubt she'll have some wise words for you. I'd suggest posting your tracks on the Peer-to-peer forum and from that you might pick up some thoughts on how well they match the listings, or what you might do if they they don't.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lgstarr » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:49 pm

hummingbird wrote:Linda, can you go to taxi and log in,
choose 'my account' and under it 'my artist info' and tell me what is in the last box on that page where it says
My TAXI link: http://www.taxi.com/ {what is in this box}

Thanks
Lo and behold, there wasn't any information at all under "my artist info" and so I filled it out and put LindaStarr in the last box (I left the previous two boxes empty since I'm not selling my music--they're just demos).

--Linda

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:06 pm

http://www.taxi.com/LindaStarr

how about your submission history, can you go in and haul out the listing texts?