audio software

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Re: audio software

Post by nickbatzdorf » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:03 pm

I use Pro Tools for sound effects and knick-knack editing, and I use Logic for composition.

zink
Impressive
Impressive

Post by zink » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 pm

Hi Christi,I've heard some mixed stuff about Logic, but I know a guy who runs it on a dual G4 and has been mostly free of problems since he installed Logic 7. I use and love Digital Performer. I use it for hours a day never really run into any problems. I do, however use a MOTU sound card, so I don't know if DP "plays nice" with other soundcards or not. Logic however, does seem to come with better plug-ins, but also costs about 400 dollars more.Hope this helps.Zink

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nickbatzdorf » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:22 pm

You wouldn't go wrong with Logic, DP, Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar...these are all highly sophisticated programs that have been worked on and worked on for years and years.

poetsespresso

Post by poetsespresso » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:34 pm

If I were you I'd see what the level of technical expertise I have before purchasing an expensive program. I bought Sonar 3 and have no idea how to use it. I end up using the free program instead until I figure out all the features that are going on and how they work. The free one I'm talking about is a simple recording multitrack program called Audacity. You can find it free at www.downloads.com by searching for two keywords: Audacity MacI've worked a little on ProTools and some synthesizers it's fun if you don't accidentally create something that causes hearing damage lol. I just think that doing something well will get you farther than doing a lot of fancy stuff poorly, though I can see the limitations of the cheaper programs they are a starting point and the complex ones are a limitation in a sense, for the ease of use and getting the right sound.I'm wondering what it was that spawned such great synthesized music from the 80s, they must have experimented with a lot of stuff that was just coming out, so I suggest experimenting some.Edit: they might even have a free demo of the ones you're thinking of purchasing to try them out at that downloads site or at www.tucows.com
"Why fly?" Some ask this question, but Aertherials are those that ask "Why not fly?" Check out The Aertherials messageboard linked in my profile.