August MEMBER DEALS

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

taxidave
Active
Active

August MEMBER DEALS

Post by taxidave » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:30 am

Hey All,Sorry for the delay on this one! Instead of listing my excuses, here is the list of deals for the month of August:Member Deals 8/1/2008 – 8/31/2008John Z. (Rhode Island)-TAXI member John, representing his band ZOX, took the time to notify us about his deals with MTV through TAXI, and at the same time had a great story to go behind the deal mentions:“Frequently I get asked, ‘How’d you do it, man? You’re living the dream!’ Of course, they are referring to my life in ZOX over the past 6 years, one which includes quitting my day job, touring non-stop, being signed to a fantastic label (Indie Record Label with Major Distribution), and booking agent (CAA), and making a living playing music full-time. The answer is actually quite simple: During the first few years as a band, when we were self-managed, I set big goals and developed a strategy, working backwards, on how to attain them via smaller steps. One goal was to establish the band’s songs in film and TV, as we knew CD sales revenues would continue to dwindle as burning and downloading proliferated. I also recognized that, like many industries, the music world is a close-knit community, so getting the music out to as many ‘insiders’ as possible was crucial to gathering leads in, and gaining momentum with, the various players in the music world: agents, managers, other bands, publishers, lawyers, music supervisors, labels, publicists, and of course, fans.”“So we joined TAXI, which was a natural extension of this strategic philosophy, and killed two birds with one stone. I committed funds to the TAXI membership plus a years worth of heavy submissions, and began the long-term process of submitting on a monthly basis, making a point to match the song with the listing request as accurately as possible. We ultimately wound up with a 75% forward rate, and over a dozen placements on MTV’s Real World, Road Rules, and Maui Fever, among others. Not only did these relatively small-scale placements pay for themselves through royalties, but interestingly in the years following, as the band became more successful, I’d hear mentions from industry folks that they already knew about us via one of those many TAXI forwards. In pursuing the licensing goal, I was concurrently creating a mini-buzz for the band within the industry. When it came time to sign to management, a label, lawyer, and agent, this credibility and name recognition proved priceless. You can do no wrong by getting your music into the ears, in a solicited manner, of the people who can help you achieve your music biz goals. Why thank you, TAXI!”Derek H. (Alabama)-As a result of submitting through TAXI’s Industry Listings and Dispatch requests, Derek was able to land all of the following deals that he mentions below:“I will list some placements from last five BMI Statements:America's Got Talent - Episode 205BDr 90210 - Episode Titles (Body Meets Soul, Family Ties That Bind,Hollywood Mending(A VERY popular daytime talkshow) – 26+ different Episode TitlesPimp My Ride - Episode 503, 504, 512, 514, 516, 517, 518You On A Diet - Discovery Health and PBSMy Super Sweet 16 - Episode Titles (Priscilla, Rachel)American Idol Rewind - Episode 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 107, 108, 117, 122Cities of the Underworld - Episode Titles (Freemason Underground, Rome's Hidden Empire, Rome the Rise)Dateline NBC - Episode June 17 2007I have received approximately $11,264.00 in royalties and approximately$1080.00 in license fees.”Aimee A. (New York)-Aimee’s new album is schedule for release in several European countries, including Poland, France, Belgium, and Germany later this year as a result of a forward through TAXI to Arizona University Recordings, an Independent Record Label with Major Distribution ties. In Poland, her album will be released in cooperation with Schubert Music Publishing (one of the leading music publishers in Europe), and distributed by Sony/BMG Music Entertainment (Poland). Arizona University Recordings also set her up to perform at the 50th Jazz Jamboree - International Jazz Festival, which is one of the oldest and most prestigious jazz festivals in Europe.Barry S. (Virginia)-Barry’s popular song “Returns & Exchanges” was used in a recent episode of The Chelsea Lately Show on E! Barry later mentioned that his song “Truck Stop” will be used in the upcoming Indie Film The Secrets Of Jonathan Sperry, due in theaters March 2009. This is a result of a forward through TAXI to a Music Publisher who has signed and placed tons of TAXI songs in various Film/TV projects.Blair B. (Wisconsin)-Blair was recently informed that the instrumental version of his song “New Man In Town” will be airing on the October 5th episode of HBO’s show Little Britain USA. This is a result of a forward through TAXI to a Music Publisher who specializes in film and TV placements.Joe A. (Georgia)-Joe recently notified us that his Southern Rock/Americana song “Take A Look” was placed in the CBS prime time drama, Swingtown. Shortly after this deal mention, he notified us that his song “Same Old,” was placed in a different episode of Swingtown a few weeks after. This was all a result of a connection made through TAXI with a leading Music Publisher.Paula M. (California)-As a result of attending the TAXI Road Rally, Paula connected with an Independent Label that specializes in Film/TV placements and recently had two songs placed on the upcoming DVD release of the first two seasons of Everwood.Martin H. (Switzerland)-As a result of his membership, Martin recently connected with an International Management/Publishing/Production Company with tons of hits and cuts (U.S. and International). After co-writing with other writers from this company, Martin’s song “Burn” was then placed in the Canadian drama TV series, Degrassi.Scott G. (Tennessee)-Scott recently notified us that he had 2 of his Latin tracks placed 3 times in the upcoming movie starting Michael Duncan Clarke and Bill Paxton called The Slammin’ Salmon. This was a result of a connection through TAXI to a highly successful Music Publisher based in LA.“I started working with them because of a number of pitches I did through Taxi. Thanks again for all your hard work!”Manuela H. (Norway)-Manuela recently informed us that she had her Pop/Electronica song “Had To Let You Go” placed in the CW show Everybody Hates Chris. This was a result of a deal signed with a highly successful Music Publisher a few weeks after she was forwarded through TAXI.Rachel C. (United Kingdom)-Rachel recently had her Surf Rock guitar instrumental “Surfin’ Mission” signed to a UK-based Production Music Library as a result of a forward through TAXI 4 months ago. Rachel also notified us that this song was produced by fellow TAXI member Martin H.Will R. (United Kingdom)-As a result of a forward through a TAXI listing, Will signed his first deal by having his song “The Chase” included in a UK-based Production Music Library for Film/TV placement opportunities.“Today has indeed been a milestone event in my life as for the first time ever, a piece I composed and played has gained entry into the heady world of professional music.”“It's not the money (although any I make from this will be a bonus and gratefully received), it's just the extraordinary pride and sense of achievement I now have, in that someone other than my Mum has heard something I wrote and said ‘hey, good job, we'll take it’.”“I write and record in a sleepy little village in rural England and this simply would not have happened without Taxi.”“It's 23.12 hours here now, (I don't know what time it is with you) but it sure is Miller time godammit!! I'll raise a cold one to the West right now..... Cheers guys”Mike R. (California)-Mike recently had his one song “I’ve Been Playing the Blues All Along” signed to two highly successful Music Publishers as a result of two forwards through TAXI.Margaret B. (New York)-Margaret recently notified us that she has her music included on a compilation CD for yoga, meditation, massage, aromatherapy, etc. as a result of being forwarded through TAXI to a west coast Music Publisher/Library.Leon T. (Illinois)-Leon recently had his ‘70s vintage tunes “From The Rooter To The Tooter,” “I Love You & Need You,” and “Take Me For What I Am” signed to a Music Publisher who has signed and placed tons of songs in various Film/TV projects as a result of a forward through TAXI.Clyde L. (California)-Clyde’s Disco extravaganza, “Endless Journey” was recently signed by a Music Publisher who has signed and placed tons of TAXI songs in various Film/TV projects. This is a result of his song being forwarded through TAXI.Gary S. (Texas)-Gary recently had his Country song “Turn The Jukebox Off” signed with a well-known Music Publisher based in LA as a result of a forward through TAXI.Patrick R. (Sweden)-Patrick notified us that he had many of his songs signed with a Music Publisher with tons of Film/TV placements as a result of a forward through TAXI.Patrick R. (Sweden)-Patrick was also forwarded through TAXI to an LA-based Music Library/Publisher, and Patrick now co-writes directly with the owner of the company.Riccardo R. (United Kingdom)-Riccardo recently notified us that after submitting through a TAXI Dispatch listing request, he signed with a Nashville based Music Licensing company run by veterans of the industry. Daniel C. (Pennsylvania)-Daniel recently signed a multi-song deal (9 so far) with an LA-based Online Music Licensing Company as a result of his Christmas music being forwarded through TAXI.Michael H. (Tennessee)-Michael recently had his two songs “White Lightning” and “Farming Man,” signed with a Music Publisher that specializes in Film & TV placements as a result of a forward through TAXI.Suzannah D. (Oregon)-Suzannah recently notified us that she made a connection through TAXI and signed her Jazz song “December Breeze” to a UK-based Production Music Library who specializes in Film/TV placement opportunities.Vicky G. (California)-Vicky recently had her song “Burnt Octane” signed to a U.K.-based Music Library/Publishing Company who focuses on TV placements as a result of a forward 6 months ago through TAXI.Eli M. (Texas)-As a result of a forward through TAXI, Eli signed 2 songs with the owner of a Texas based Music Production Company.Brad B. (Canada)-Brad recently notified us that he signed a non-exclusive deal for 6 of his Pop/Rock songs by the President of a LA-based Music Publishing Company as a result of a forward through TAXI.Congratulations to everyone mentioned in the month of August!Be sure to e-mail your deal mentions to: I look forward to hearing more of your incredible stories on how you achieved your deals through TAXI! David LaidlawManager, Dispatch818-222-2464deals@taxi.com