Authentic Blues....Bluesy enough ?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Authentic Blues....Bluesy enough ?

Post by rockinrob » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:17 am

ORIGINAL, Guitar-Based BLUES SONGS with Male Vocals are needed for a few $4,500, NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placements in an Action Adventure Fantasy TV Series. They seek Guitar driven Songs in All-Tempos that would fit on a playlist with these references the Music Supervisor gave us:

“Boogie Chillen’” by John Lee Hooker

“Dust My Broom” by Elmore James

“Mannish Boy” by Muddy Waters

NOTE: Over the course of the next few days you may see quite a few requests from this Music Supervisor, as he is working on a series that utilizes Guitar-based music to represent different eras in music history. This series will need A-LOT of different kinds of guitar music, and the Music Supervisor will be using TAXI as one of his primary resources!

Give them well-crafted, soulfully expressive Blues Songs that have tons of attitude and emotion. Having a killer melody, great guitar sounds (and playing), and a strong, believably bluesy vocal performance are all elements that could make your song appealing to this Music Supervisor. You can submit recently recorded songs that are in the general stylistic ballpark, or if you’ve got any original vintage pieces (recorded back in the day), they would love to hear them as well.

Quoting the Music Supervisor: “I need uplifting songs with plenty of dynamics and Infectious Riffs! Great catchy rhythms with deep pocket energy and drive. These tracks need to feel and sound like the real deal.”

Lyrics can vary, but should generally reflect the themes you typically hear in Blues songs. Lyrics that avoid specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity will be best for this pitch, but they’re not an absolute requirement. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
https://soundcloud.com/user-787705464/i ... -miricle-1

Thanks for any feedback

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Authentic Blues....Bluesy enough ?

Post by cassmcentee » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:09 pm

You are off to a good start Rob...

The things that stand out to my ears: The timing keeps getting lost with a majority of the guitar licks ending late and the vocal doesn't come out loud enough when referenced to the Examples given
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Authentic Blues....Bluesy enough ?

Post by rockinrob » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:43 pm

Thanks Cass
I get that. Is the mix sounding close to authentic. I had tired ears. But after listening to MP3 weak vocals stood out first. Appreciate ya.