Avalon's New Single!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Avalon's New Single!

Post by anne » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:06 pm

Excellent job and many heartfelt congratulations!

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:33 pm

Big congrats, Bigdrisk! I was able to listen to "Another Time Another Place." What a wonderful song!

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:54 pm

You need proof of what an amazing tune that is? I went back and listened to it three more times. Just such a moving piece of music. Thanks for sharing. And congrats, again.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

bigdrisk
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bigdrisk » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks all! I appreciate it and am so glad you like it. I hope it does well.

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:54 am

Congratulations Gary, and thanks for sharing this powerful expression of your faith. The Christ in you is evident in your lyrics! That you are experiencing financial success with this song is only icing on the cake -- I'm sure you know this already. Is that your arrangement too? best,bc

bigdrisk
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bigdrisk » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:24 pm

Quote:Congratulations Gary, and thanks for sharing this powerful expression of your faith. The Christ in you is evident in your lyrics! That you are experiencing financial success with this song is only icing on the cake -- I'm sure you know this already. Is that your arrangement too? best,bcNo, not my arrangement. Not sure who produced this project (not in stores yet). Brown Bannister has done it in the past and his production staff usually handles the arrangements for everything he produces.

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:12 am

For those of you that don't know, Avalon is one of the biggest Christian Music groups. They've been around a long time and consistantly have tunes on CCM radio. And this song is very high on the list of "classic of all time" CCM songs as it was made famous by Sandi Patty and Wayne Watson back in the day. This is big stuff. Thanks for letting us know, Gary!

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:15 am

Quote:For those of you that don't know, Avalon is one of the biggest Christian Music groups. They've been around a long time and consistantly have tunes on CCM radio. And this song is very high on the list of "classic of all time" CCM songs as it was made famous by Sandi Patty and Wayne Watson back in the day. This is big stuff. Thanks for letting us know, Gary!There is certainly a lot of talent here, Stick. Gary gets a major cut, and you've worked with Jason Blume.*tries on brownosing suit* This is a great place.....here I am this woman from the middle of Podunkville, and I'm rubbing elbows with the greats.

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:24 am

Well, the tune I wrote with Jason never got cut, so... you do the math. HA!My point was really that Gary's tune was already a huge CCM hit years ago. The revival is great.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:30 am

Quote:Well, the tune I wrote with Jason never got cut, so... you do the math. HA!My point was really that Gary's tune was already a huge CCM hit years ago. The revival is great.Point taken. As far as never getting the tune you wrote with JB cut, it's still cool that you were able to write with him.