Impressive
Impressive

Re: Avantone mixcubes

Post by Ted » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:29 pm

Telefunkin wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:20 am
Ted wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:10 am
That MixChecker plugin looks really awesome.
It does what it says on the tin, but there's always a 'but' :). The sound you get from it still comes through your existing monitors, which means it'll never be a perfect rendition of the speakers its supposed to be emulating. Then again, all speakers are coloured by your room anyway, so there is no 'perfect' solution, just different compromises. At least you can experience a range of different listening environments and if your music sounds OK on all (or most) of them then you're probably good to go.

Its been mentioned before, but another good aid is Izotope's Tonal Balance, that you can buy separately or as part of Ozone. Its a visual thing which some frown upon, but I find it very useful for an added sense of security that I've not missed something in the mix.
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/ton ... undle.html

I recently got the Izotope Music Production Suite 4 and it's pretty awesome-- it includes Tonal Balance 2 but I haven't used that yet.

guscave
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by guscave » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:56 pm

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the Avantone. I'm currently using the Tonal Balance plugin too but I want an additional source to get a better listen at those mid ranges that tend to get hidden by the highs and low ends.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:58 pm

For anyone on a really tight budget, there's always ear buds. I do a lot of listening with them and they show up mid-range problems better than my main monitors. I don't think I'm the only advocate of them either.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.