Ballpark times

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

byrdman

Ballpark times

Post by byrdman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:35 am

I'm new to the game but have managed to signed 8 pieces (plus alternatives) and 5 more on the way since May. I'm retired and disabled so writing and TAXI submissions have become my full time gig with 40 years of written/recorded inventory laying around - and lot's of exciting electronic stuff to learn (never imagined I'd be taking a Master Class from a cat named Deadmau5!). All good so far. It appears it's taking an average of 90 days to get from library acceptance of a piece to seeing it actually in their catalog. I wasn't sure what to expect; some are probably faster than others. Have zero experience with direct to supervisor placement yet and am looking forward to that soon.

About how long should it take? Is there a rule of thumb so I can temper my expectations? I've busted some chops over timing and don't want to become a problem child!

What's your experience? Thanks in advance.

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Ballpark times

Post by VanderBoegh » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Hey Byrdman, good to have you on the forums. You may want to check out this recent'ish episode of Taxi TV. It will tell you all about realistic expectations and timelines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfDysbQgpj4

~~Matt

byrdman

Re: Ballpark times

Post by byrdman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:38 pm

Excellent...thank you. Continued success!