Bash In Bombay

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Bash In Bombay

Post by davewalton » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:13 pm

Sorry for double-posting. I should have posted in this section originally. I got a forward for this interesting listing:Authentic-sounding PAKISTANI SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS are needed by the Music Supervisor of an indie film about a group of "employees of a low-end electronic store who find creative ways to stave of boredom and their impending adulthood, but when one of them gets married they all must face the realities of growing up.” The supervisor needs has a couple of needs to fill: 1] a Pakistani wedding scene, hence he needs traditional Pakistani wedding music, and 2] one or two other scenes where he's open to Modern/Contemporary Pakistani music, from Rock to Hip Hop. I'm a little sentimental because my favorite little orphan song might finally have a home... sniff... sniff... www.DaveWaltonMusic.com/MyMusic/BashInB ... joy!DavePS - I know all about Bombay being Mumbai. Sticklers.

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Bash In Bombay

Post by edteja » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:42 pm

And the fact that it isn't in Pakistan???
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:48 pm

Nice one Dave! How DO you do it?

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:18 am

hey dave,cool track! How did you do the "nervous" drums... Stylus RMX?
production, composition & stringed instruments

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:04 am

Quote:hey dave,cool track! How did you do the "nervous" drums... Stylus RMX?Those are from Stormdrum.

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:23 am

Nice track! Good mix of the ethnic blending with modern sounds. Dig it.

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:53 am

Dave, Since it was as sentimental favorite, I assume you had this one in the can and didn't write it for the listing? Either way,it is nicely done.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:07 am

Quote:Dave, Since it was as sentimental favorite, I assume you had this one in the can and didn't write it for the listing? Either way,it is nicely done.I should have renamed it "Party In Pakastan". It was something I wrote shortly after the 2004 Rally. I had met Ted Lowe and he was kind enough to share a little bit about what his music library was looking for at the time, which was something contemporary with India flavors. I know NOW what it is that he wanted, but at the time I was still struggling with figuring out what ANYONE wanted and still finding my way musically.Anyway I wrote "Bash In Bombay" and he replied with "song is too busy". Based on what he wanted, it WAS too busy although I couldn't see it at that time. I always liked it and I think eventually it'll be put to some good use. If nothing else, people look at mild-mannered me when I play it and they say "YOU wrote that???"