Beautiful World worktape

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

eokamura
Impressive
Impressive

Beautiful World worktape

Post by eokamura » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:42 pm

Howdy AllHere's a fairly barebones worktape. Kind of a country, folky litte ditty. Any production/ arrangement ideas would be awesome. Thanks, eo.The song is Beautiful World v3www.taxi.com/eoIt's along way down from the top of the worldif you're southward bound would you mind a passengerand we'll sing ooh ooh oohit's a beautiful worldwhen I descend and I hear the last calljust lay me down on a beach in portugaland then sing ooh ooh oohit's a beautiful worldIt's along way down from the top of the worldif you're southward bound would you mind a passengerand we'll sing ooh ooh oohit's a beautiful world

ideascapes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Beautiful World worktape

Post by ideascapes » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:43 am

Ethan,Did I miss you at the rally? I figured you could make it there from NorCal.Nice, earthy song. I could hear this with CSNY harmonies throughout (hearing that now in the 3rd verse) and simple bass and drums, mostly snare, maybe even brushes. Commercially, you probably wouldn't want the instrumental stretches between verses, but I like them fine. If you want to emphasize the country side, pedal steel would be cool on this. If folk, maybe harmonica?I'm a fan!Vince

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 am

I'm never surprised anymore with your songs, I expect to be crazy about each new tune & this one is no exception.For what it's worth I think you should keep this as sparse as possible if you intend to pitch it for film/tv. It sounds great like this & also it seems like more and more I'm hearing "bare bones" tracks on the tube . . . and they are nowhere near as good as this song. Aside from the production, the lyrics would be a perfect fit for so many things.Another great song Ethan.

slowdance
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by slowdance » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:59 am

Ethan,Lead vocal could still come up front more and still be a good fit.....'It's a beautiful world" harmony is really nice.....Maybe let one of the instruments play a little louder during the spot between the verses.....would help emphasize the folky/country sound.......and would add a little more color and space....nicely done...good luck with the tweaks...Regards,Dick

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:45 am

EhanI love harmony and you did a good job there.Like your voice. Intermission needs a little filler type something?I see this film for sure when you say "it's a beautiful world" and then the oooooo's. yeah!Maybe a bridge?paul

eokamura
Impressive
Impressive

Post by eokamura » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:05 am

Hey Vince - Yeah couldn't make it down to the rally, right in the middle of mixing/mastering a record for the band I'm in. I'd like to try for next year, we'll see. I'd love to hear some pedal steel but don't know any local players, but I will figure something out for the instrumental sections. thanks!Bill - It's always a challenge for me to know when to keep things sparse and simple and when to step it up a notch but I think you're right on this one, seems to call for a bare bones arrangement. Intimate. Thank you sir!Dick - Yeah the mix is pretty rough, really the whole thing kinda needs re-tracking. I did this all in my horrible sounding little 10x10 room with computer noise, hard drive noise and I think you can hear the clothes dryer in the background. I will figure out a way to make the solo sections pop. Thanks for the listen!Paul - I think I should use your last tune as inspiration to keep it simple. I really liked that one. thanks!

ideascapes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ideascapes » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Check PM.V>

2lane
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by 2lane » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:49 am

Ethan, this is really nice the way it is! You can always tweak til the cows come home, but the impact is already there. The acoustics sound great, the whole thing really.I always look out for your tunes, good stuff. Too bad I can't seem to get anybody to reciprocate, but it's all good.The best to ya, it's always fun to listen to your work.Steve
Worse, how can it be worse...Jehova Jehova Jehova

eokamura
Impressive
Impressive

Post by eokamura » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Thank you Steve I'll be sure to look out for your posts and reciprocate in kind. Appreciate the listen and the kind words...eo.

2lane
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by 2lane » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:17 pm

No worries Ethan, I should of been more clear. I wasn't refering to you at all. Even if you hated anything of mine, it wouldn't stop me from liking your tunes, as with others around here.But yea, that would be cool of you to keep me in mind if I do post something up again.....would appreciate that good sirKeep on making that great musicCheersSteve
Worse, how can it be worse...Jehova Jehova Jehova