Beginner's luck...

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

triviul
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Beginner's luck...

Post by triviul » Sat May 19, 2007 9:15 am

Quote:If you find it too difficult to make the flow happen in the way you want it, and you think you are not going to achieve it on your own, then collaboration is an option. However, I'd recommend that any collaboration should be more on a consultancy level, because, as I said before. I don't think you should let people play around with your music too much, because there is something special in there, and it might be lost by doing that.Perhaps you could ask someone to rough up a basic melody of one of your songs, and incoporate loads of flow. Then take that version and compare it to yours. I think you'll know what to do after that. I've considered getting more involved in collaboration, although I'd always be a bit worried about diluting what I've purposefully tried to keep quite pure. However, another main reason I've been reluctant to collaborate is that I work in a way that doesn't fit particularly well with most other musicians. (I do a lot of my writing on manuscript, for example, rather than by jamming at the keyboard/guitar/sequencer.) This is something I've still got to explore some more, though...Quote:You have several parts going off in your head at the same time and they get mixed up. It's a kind of madness (You wanna see the speed at which I write).I'd say your writing style is probably hectic. Hence your results. It doesn't work for many people but it seems to work for you That's funny -- my writing process is actually probably the polar opposite of hectic! But it's interesting that the results give that impression. This is why it's so great getting people's feedback, because I can never listen to what I've done without knowing what I put into it. Thanks again for the input!

triviul
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by triviul » Sat May 19, 2007 9:23 am

Quote:sounds great to me dude .... love the left turns you got in there ... you don't sound like anyone I know of ... but you definitely sound like someone if you get my drift ... nice choice of instruments and sounds and killer vocals all the way and all over the place ... you'll do real well here I would think ... best of luck .... excellent productions by the way ....Thanks for the encouragement! I'm especially pleased that you feel the tracks are now holding together fairly well, as this is something that's been a bit of a pain to deal with. The vocals also took a while, so I'm glad you liked them as well!

nknjmes
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nknjmes » Sat May 19, 2007 1:45 pm

I think it's great the way it is. Nice work!