Behind-the-Scenes Stories from the Legendary Criteria Recording Studios on Monday's TAXI TV!

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

admin
Site Admin

Behind-the-Scenes Stories from the Legendary Criteria Recording Studios on Monday's TAXI TV!

Post by admin » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:25 pm

Behind-the-Scenes Stories from the Legendary Criteria Recording Studios
on Monday's TAXI TV!

Click the link below to Watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLpxf7m3bGw

7pm Eastern (EST) / 6pm Central (CST) / 4pm Pacific (PST) / 12am London (GMT) / 11am Sydney (AEDT)

Dear Songwriters, Artists, and Composers,

Late one evening in 2019, I spent a couple of hours trading studio war stories in the control room (pictured below) with Trevor Fletcher, the Vice President of the legendary Criteria Studios in Miami. Trevor's mom (Margie Curry) was my awesome boss when I worked at Criteria nearly 50 years ago. She remains a cherished friend of mine to this day.

When Trevor was a kid, he'd come to the studio after school, allegedly, to do his homework. Instead of reading, writing, and arithmetic, he learned what made Criteria one of the top recording studios in the world. Today, he's the Vice President and General Manager of Criteria, and it could not be in better hands.

They have had clients like The Bee Gees, The Eagles, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, The Beach Boys, James Brown, Rod Stewart, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Jaco Pastorius, Billy Joel, Drake, The Allman Brothers, Shakira, Gloria Estefan, Jay-Z, Justin Bieber, Aerosmith, and dozens (likely hundreds) of others, one can imagine what might have happened behind closed doors when records like "Hotel California," "Stayin' Alive," "I Shot the Sheriff," "Layla," "I Feel Good," and countless other Gold, Platinum, and Diamond albums and singles were recorded.

Trevor Fletcher is a living encyclopedia that knows the good, the bad, and the ugly. He also knows where the skeletons are buried. You'll be riveted by the stories he's going to share with us. He's also a classy, professional guy who won't name names (when he can't), but trust me when I tell you that you're going to hear some pretty amazing behind-the-scenes stories.
  • I'm also going to ask him...
  • What makes a great song?
  • What traits (if any) do superstars share?
  • What traits do great producers share?
  • Contrast the producer's role back in the day VS today.
  • How do great engineers and producers become great at their craft?
  • Why do artists still go to world-class, large format studios when they can make records at home?
  • How much does outboard gear get used VS plugins?
  • When somebody under the roof is recording a song that sounds like an obvious hit, does the staff still get buzzed about it?
I can't wait to hang out and chat with Trevor! I have a feeling you're going to love this unique episode of TAXI TV, so don't miss it!

Win a FREE Criteria Studios T-Shirt!
Criteria's shirts are beloved by superstars around the world! They've become collector's items, and I'd like to buy one for one of our viewers. All you've got to do to have a shot is show up and be in the chatroom during the live broadcast!

Click the link below to Watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLpxf7m3bGw

To Join the Live Chat During the Broadcast…
You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to associate your YouTube account with it!

7pm Eastern (EST) / 6pm Central (CST) / 4pm Pacific (PST) / 12am London (GMT) / 11am Sydney (AEDT)

See you on the show,
Michael