Being Deliberate

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Being Deliberate

Post by hummingbird » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Funny, I was just thinking of you this week and wondering how you were doing. I for one appreciated your checking in and reporting on your process, because, whether I posted or not, it made me think about goal setting and accountability. I tell my students... when you are walking your path, you send a ripple effect out into the world... altho you may not ever know it, your positive energy makes a difference.So thanks for being you
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Hey, Rayzer,This has been an amazing ride along with you, and it has done me a world of good. I must say, I hope this doesn't mean you're finished checking in with us across the forum boards???I STILL recall the reaction I had when I read your initial posting that became this wonderful thread. My respect for your brains and your words has never diminished.Will we be seeing you in L.A. in three weeks?Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

rayzer
Impressive
Impressive

Post by rayzer » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:49 am

Vikki,Thank you for your kind words. You are the queen of positive energy. Thanks for being you, too.

rayzer
Impressive
Impressive

Post by rayzer » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:17 am

Hi Ted,This has definitely been an 'E Ticket' ride. However, I'm convinced that the future will make the past two years look like a spin on the Dumbo ride by comparison (for all of us deliberate souls). I'll be here checking your exciting progress and posting when there's something worth sharing. You can't get rid of me that easily.My plans to attend the Rally (my 5th one) fell apart about a month ago , but I had been in denial about it until your question forced me to face the truth. I have big plans for making the most of the 2010 Rally, though. Keep it up, Ted. You inspire all of us.Rayzer

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:56 am

sorry to hear you won't be at RR 2009 Rayzer. Keep us up to date on what you're up to, okay?
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:30 am

Hi Rayzer and Bird and Ted. I sure hope this thread doesn't fall by the side, its been my only deliberate thing to do, is check in on this thread on or around the 15th. Kind of the only TAXI connection I have had time for over the past 24 months. I can't believe its been that long, but I sure appreciate it since it serves to document where we've all been and when the good times or bad times started.I am at the office again on a Saturday, working on my time reports. To date, I have worked 2412 hours over the 40 weeks since 1/1/2009. Averages out to 60 hour weeks. I have only taken 37 days off, and have 8 personal days where I had to do family things. With that kind of schedule, its no surprise why I had to cut down the music. I am however after all the effort getting a little better control over things in my life, so the effort is paying back. It just takes time to go through everything and get it optimally rearranged and renovated so that when I sit down to do something, there is more organization that feeds accomplishment. I liked that quote about just focus on something simple so you get used to doing something everyday. I think once I get restarted I'll try that.Stay deliberate. And keep the music playing.ArkJack

rayzer
Impressive
Impressive

Post by rayzer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:34 pm

Great to hear from you ArkJack!Those are some crazy hours you've been investing in your business. I hope they pay big dividends and you're able to spend more time with your music soon. Hang in there, friend.You've been a faithful partner in this thread since the beginning. There's no reason why you couldn't keep it going, or start a new chapter of the story, or PM me around the 15th of every month and let me be your accountability partner. Whatever works for you, just do it. We've come to far to quit now.RayzerP.S. Thanks for giving me a reason to post the 300th message on this thread.