Best Free Stuff 2020

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Best Free Stuff 2020

Post by MBantle » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:18 pm

Another Freebie that looks really cool: https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/collections/45

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Thanks for posting these Matt! The Valhalla Supermassive is ridiculously good. I downloaded it on a whim thinkin it might be something I use very sporadically, but I've been using it a ton lately. It's got a lot of really cool presets ready to go.

Haven't been super impressed with Layers by Orchestral Tools though. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but playing around with it gave me the impression that it has a pretty limited amount of useable sounds and the whole point of it is for the company to get their foot in the door and start selling you stuff. (I could be way off on this)

Andrew

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by lesmac » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by ResonantTone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:36 am
Thanks for posting these Matt! The Valhalla Supermassive is ridiculously good. I downloaded it on a whim thinkin it might be something I use very sporadically, but I've been using it a ton lately. It's got a lot of really cool presets ready to go.
I sorta ignored this one. Ive got Valhalla room and use it here and there. I think I'll download Supermassive, silly if I don't.

On a different theme Andrew I got the Soundtoys bundle and they are great plugins. No fuss, instant goodness. What that Devil Loc can do to a vocal!

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:01 am

ResonantTone wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Haven't been super impressed with Layers by Orchestral Tools though. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but playing around with it gave me the impression that it has a pretty limited amount of useable sounds and the whole point of it is for the company to get their foot in the door and start selling you stuff. (I could be way off on this)

Andrew
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for sharing your experiences with Layers. I had planned to download it this weekend (17 GB?) but I think I will postpone that now.
Cheers,
Matt

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:55 am

lesmac wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:08 pm
Post by ResonantTone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:36 am
I sorta ignored this one. Ive got Valhalla room and use it here and there. I think I'll download Supermassive, silly if I don't.

On a different theme Andrew I got the Soundtoys bundle and they are great plugins. No fuss, instant goodness. What that Devil Loc can do to a vocal!
100% ... The whole bundle is phenomenal. Definitely some really fantastic tools for both the creative side as well as the polishing.

Andrew

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:37 am

Here's a neat little parallel compressor...
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3985-ComBear
You could get it directly from W.A. Production instead if you prefer.

There's also a very interesting selection of 11 free Kontakt instruments at 8Dio. For example...
https://8dio.com/instrument/the-new-cajon-and-bongo/
Install their downloader first then off you go.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

TheGillwoman
Active
Active

Post by TheGillwoman » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Thank you! I just finally downloaded a lot of these. The Klanghelm DC1A is my new favorite toy!