Best Songwriter Demo Services

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ngs24

Best Songwriter Demo Services

Post by ngs24 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 am

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone would like to share any positive (and I guess negative) experiences they've had with the Nashville/LA songwriter demo services? I'm currently looking for a company to record a batch of pop/rock songs (think Pink, Daughtry, Adam Lambert) and haven't been able to find any message board discussion on this topic. I've finally admitted to myself that I don't have the engineering chops or equipment to home record these after many months of trying. I'm also trying to keep it fairly inexpensive without sacrificing too much quality - maybe under $500 for full band, under $250 for guitar/vocal.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

-Nick

evanmcgill
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Best Songwriter Demo Services

Post by evanmcgill » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:02 pm

I use Jason Roller from Magic Shack Demos (www.magicshackdemos.com). He produced the track "Storybook" on my page and I'm hoping to do 6-10 more next year. I think he would charge $450 for singer, acoustic and electric guitar, bass, drums and piano (but you could sub out piano for steel guitar or violin if needed) and all production and engineering. He is an A list engineer and producer and only uses A list studio musicians. That is his base package. I think it's $50 extra for additional instruments. 1 one 1 attention. Gave him 3 pages of production notes and HE NAILED IT!

vasek.g3
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by vasek.g3 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Hello Evan,

I was curious about the Magic Shack Demos too after you mentioned them,
even in my case it is probably not so serious :-) with demo recording.
But after I checked their sites and listened to some samples it could
be definitely one of a very good options. Thanks for your experience.
I listened to "Storybook" and the result sounds really nice to me.
(what I found useful: under "Shop" option on their website there are packages
where the "customer" can find/buy what he/she is looking for....)

greetings
Vašek

evanmcgill
Impressive
Impressive

Post by evanmcgill » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:04 pm

vasek.g3 wrote:Hello Evan,

I was curious about the Magic Shack Demos too after you mentioned them,
even in my case it is probably not so serious :-) with demo recording.
But after I checked their sites and listened to some samples it could
be definitely one of a very good options. Thanks for your experience.
I listened to "Storybook" and the result sounds really nice to me.
(what I found useful: under "Shop" option on their website there are packages
where the "customer" can find/buy what he/she is looking for....)

greetings
Vašek
I know there are a lot of demo services in Nashville, but Jason is young guy who has played guitar with the best of them and knows what sounds contemporary. I would also e-mail directly for more info. Thanks!

ngs24

Post by ngs24 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Hey Evan, thanks for the response man. I checked out your track, it sounds great! They certainly did a great job on that and it's a good song to begin with. One thing I did notice in listening to all the samples is that they do seemed to be geared primarily towards the country genre, although they did have one rock sample. I'm going to keep them in mind for sure though.

I've been doing a bit more browsing and have found a few companies that also sound promising. Would anyone like to share anything about the following companies?

The Trax Masters - http://www.thetraxmasters.com - A little more pricey than others but the rock and pop samples I listened to sounded extremely good. They also promise to work on your song until you are 100% satisfied.

Nashville Demo Studio - http://www.nashvilledemostudio.com - They seem to have some reasonably priced package deals and the samples seemed solid. They had a wide range of genres but seemed to specialize in country.

Songwriter Demo Service - http://www.songwriterdemoservice.com - Seem to specialize in all genres equally. Also, have a pretty impressive client list and web site. Prices seem pretty reasonable as well.

Nick

evanmcgill
Impressive
Impressive

Post by evanmcgill » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:15 pm

ngs24 wrote:Hey Evan, thanks for the response man. I checked out your track, it sounds great! They certainly did a great job on that and it's a good song to begin with. One thing I did notice in listening to all the samples is that they do seemed to be geared primarily towards the country genre, although they did have one rock sample. I'm going to keep them in mind for sure though.

I've been doing a bit more browsing and have found a few companies that also sound promising. Would anyone like to share anything about the following companies?

The Trax Masters - http://www.thetraxmasters.com - A little more pricey than others but the rock and pop samples I listened to sounded extremely good. They also promise to work on your song until you are 100% satisfied.

Nashville Demo Studio - http://www.nashvilledemostudio.com - They seem to have some reasonably priced package deals and the samples seemed solid. They had a wide range of genres but seemed to specialize in country.

Songwriter Demo Service - http://www.songwriterdemoservice.com - Seem to specialize in all genres equally. Also, have a pretty impressive client list and web site. Prices seem pretty reasonable as well.

Nick
Trax Masters is owned by Kevin Savigar, who co-wrote the song Forever Young, which Rod Stewart made famous.

NDS is a great company that offers a lot of great resources to their clients and non-clients. Great mailing list to get on. I believe Jimi Whitlaw who owns it use to work for TAXI. They are always at the Road Rally. They have monthly round tables, where writers can pitch to publishers. They are very Country.

No info on Songwriter Demo Services.

Hope some of that helps!

Evan

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:39 pm

Hey Nick, I sent you a PM.
-- Marc Blackwell