Best songwriting conventions?

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

adrianne76
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Best songwriting conventions?

Post by adrianne76 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:53 pm

Hiya,Does anyone have any strong opinions on the best conventions/events to attend? I am attempting to fit a few new ones in my 2007 schedule and am trying to decide between West Coast Songwriters, Durango Songwriters, NSAI Songposium, NSAI Song Camps, and Kauai Music Festival. Any advice on which of these songwriters' events are best (and why) would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

disco

Re: Best songwriting conventions?

Post by disco » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:56 pm

I've only been to WCS and Taxi... the WCS Conference is way smaller and has a "home grown" feel...it's on a pretty college campus in Northern California... so it's not big like Taxi but you get a lot of personal attention through the "songwriter screenings". Basically you sign up ahead and 30 people go into a little classroom and the publisher or A&R guy or other industry professional listens to and comments on your song. I had songs heard and offers made by some of the same panelists who were on the big Taxi panels. So if you have some great material you're trying to pitch, WCS is worth it. If you're just going to check out "classes" then you may want to invest your $ in some of the bigger conferences... Hope that helps...Disco