Best way to share music at RR

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

altobone

Best way to share music at RR

Post by altobone » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:59 pm

I was happy to see that submissions for three of the pitch/feedback panels will be digital/on-line. I'm new to RR and it seemed odd that submissions were CDs.

My question is, what is the best way to share/distribute my music at the event? In other words, I meet someone and want to share some music. Is handing them a CD really the best way in 2018? I was thinking perhaps a business card with a Soundcloud playlist link in a shortened URL. I want to do this in a way that doesn't seem odd or difficult. Maybe just sending the person the link. Thoughts?

robmalka08

Re: Best way to share music at RR

Post by robmalka08 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:04 am

This is my first rally also and I'm doing exactly that - business cards w/ a soundcloud link. I'm also going to have tracks on my iPhone for certain things. I don't even have a convenient way to burn CDs anymore, or to play them for that matter. I thought of bringing a few thumb drives as a backup plan but after hearing Michael's comments on a recent Taxi TV episode I don't even know if I'll bother. Good luck!

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:47 pm

I'm putting together a business card, but notice that the link to my Soundcloud Playlist is super long. Is that ok? Is there a part of it I can leave off? Might there be another URL that I may not have noticed that is shorter?

Thanks for the help :!:
Colleen

magicjuani
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by magicjuani » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Colleen wrote:I'm putting together a business card, but notice that the link to my Soundcloud Playlist is super long. Is that ok? Is there a part of it I can leave off? Might there be another URL that I may not have noticed that is shorter?

Thanks for the help :!:
Colleen
Hi Colleen,
You might want to consider generating a QR code for your - PUBLIC or PRIVATE - Soundcloud playlist link!
It's a picture (.jpg or .png), you can insert on CD covers, on business cards, on track covers, save it on your phone, send it to a friend...You got it, it's a picture like the ones you take on vacation and share with your loved ones!

All the best!
PS: I'm also at the rally :)

bgusch
Active
Active

Post by bgusch » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Thanks Juan for the idea and info on creating QR Code from a November post.
My daughter will be visiting Paris in March.
Take care.