Big Problem related to SOUNDCLOUD

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

HectorRContreras
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Big Problem related to SOUNDCLOUD

Post by HectorRContreras » Thu May 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I feel downhearted today.

Agrrrr ... SOUNDCLOUD !! :x :evil: :( 8-)

SoundCloud has decided to eradicate its Basic access. In other word now there will be one SoundCloud access only.
In order to reach this one SoundCloud access only, one has to update one's Browser. Whatever it is : Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc ...
Fine. Let us do that I said.

Ah but no; there is a Requirement. Whether one has a Window Computer or an Apple Mac Computer.
In other words, my Apple Mac is half a point short to be the Mac OX 10, the Requirement needed for updating the latest Browser, that now SoundCloud is demanding.
So no new Browser, no new SoundCloud. Or, ... one has to purchase a new Computer. A bit expensive and complicated, ... hmmm :o :roll: :cry:

Why am I upset ?

Well never mind the 33 Tracks that I recently uploaded at SoundCloud, and that I shall never see again, ... together with my Following and my Followers at SoundCloud, but ... more than 50% of the TAXI Members work here at the TAXI Forum, through and with SoundCloud.

So when for instance, one says : Can you listen to my Song ?

Well, I won't be able to.

In short, my work here at the TAXI Forum for all of you is almost over. It was such a Joy for me. I cannot face to never listen to your Music again. Or only occasionally for the TAXI Members who do not use SoundCloud.

By the way, am I the only one ?!

SoundCloud.gif
SoundCloud
SoundCloud.gif (17.56 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

2lane
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Big Problem related to SOUNDCLOUD

Post by 2lane » Thu May 15, 2014 5:52 pm

So Sorry Catherine!
I guess that's why I'm having trouble with soundcloud too. Got the latest Chorme broswer, the latest IE that XP will allow, they won't connect to it.
It's weird, I'd think the macs would be able to work at a much lower requirement than a PC?
Hopefully, Len or Andy , or someone else will help you out...I'm not a techie, so
I'm stuck. I know my DAW pretty well, and how to click the right faders and icons and such, but otherwise....average at best in inner workings of the things
Sorry!!

Steve
Worse, how can it be worse...Jehova Jehova Jehova

HectorRContreras
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by HectorRContreras » Thu May 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for trying.

The latest Browsers required by SoundCloud can not be uploaded by a Mac that is OSX 9.5
So this is the end for me.
I cannot listen to the TAXI Members Music anymore.
I am completely downhearted.

Stupid SOUNDCLOUD !!! :x :twisted: :cry: :cry:

2lane
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by 2lane » Thu May 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Yea, I hit the same wall with I.E. XP can't run the newest I.E. broswer :evil:
I wish there was something I could do....I know how hard it is to come up with funds for new things they want to sell you....er, make that...make you BUY!!!
Just don't quit coming to the forum....you can still listen to my stuff...I'll always
put it on my taxi page too ( kinda hollow I know, but it's true :D ). Plus, you can always ask the person that you want to hear, to put it up on their Taxi page also.
You know all the good peeps around here...I'm sure they would. If they ever want to submit it, they'll have to anyways.

Chin up Dear, it ain't all over yet.....

Steve

feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker66 » Fri May 16, 2014 5:22 am

Catherine What a bummer. I wish I was smart and could help you. I bet there are others facing the same issues that will chime in. It is an awful thing to feel helpless.

I went to bed last night thinking I was finally out of the woods. I turned on my computer, didn't do anything. Came back in the room, moved the mouse, screen came on with no icons....back to the computer dude.

I hope today will be better for you. Don't jump ship, you have been a great addition to the forums here.

Sincerely

Paul
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613

jdhogg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jdhogg » Fri May 16, 2014 7:52 am

Firefox is the most most web compliant browser, have you tired the most recent version of that?

uncbilly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by uncbilly » Fri May 16, 2014 9:04 am

In other words, my Apple Mac is half a point short to be the Mac OX 10
So YOU'RE the other person I heard about? I heard rumors, But I didn't believe them. :lol: (My online name until last year was OS9osaur)
Let me guess, you drive a Citroen, too?

Honestly, I'm still pissed that I had to go out and spend a coupla thousand dollars to do EXACTLY the same things I was already doing. Ugh.
Digital. The big Lie.

AmandaJane
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AmandaJane » Fri May 16, 2014 9:38 am

Good evening Catherine 8-) Hope you are enjoying our sunshine ! :o It's glorious over here today so I'm hoping your neck of the woods is heavenly too :D

Re a new'er' mac - There is a worldwide organisation called FREECYCLE. It's modus operandi is all about recycling and sharing.... what is one man's rubbish is another's pot of gold :P

I did a quick bit of research and the old Bath Freecycle group left Freecycle.org a couple years ago and joined the UK organisation called FREEGLE
Here is the link - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bathfreecycle/info

I belong to the Galway Freecycle group and it is wonderful. If you have stuff you don't want, you give it away, and if there is something you need, then you post a 'wanted' ad for it. No money ever changes hands.

There is a chance than someone on FREEGLE Bath may have a Mac which has OSX on it, which they no longer wanted because they have upgraded to a newer one, or something. Worth a try :)

Love and hugs as always, and you know where to come when you need a holiday :P

Sláinte
Amanda x
Sláinte, Amanda

Amanda Jane West - Lyricist | SoundCloud | My Website |

2lane
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by 2lane » Fri May 16, 2014 10:17 am

AmandaJane wrote:Good evening Catherine 8-) Hope you are enjoying our sunshine ! :o It's glorious over here today so I'm hoping your neck of the woods is heavenly too :D

Re a new'er' mac - There is a worldwide organisation called FREECYCLE. It's modus operandi is all about recycling and sharing.... what is one man's rubbish is another's pot of gold :P

I did a quick bit of research and the old Bath Freecycle group left Freecycle.org a couple years ago and joined the UK organisation called FREEGLE
Here is the link - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bathfreecycle/info

I belong to the Galway Freecycle group and it is wonderful. If you have stuff you don't want, you give it away, and if there is something you need, then you post a 'wanted' ad for it. No money ever changes hands.

There is a chance than someone on FREEGLE Bath may have a Mac which has OSX on it, which they no longer wanted because they have upgraded to a newer one, or something. Worth a try :)

Love and hugs as always, and you know where to come when you need a holiday :P

Sláinte
Amanda x
That's the coolest thing Amanda....and some berate Europe in this country, and it's a shame :evil:
Very nice of you to try and help Dear Catherine :D
Enjoy the weather and let your kind self soak it in 8-)

Cheers'
Steve