Bitter Sweet Success

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Bitter Sweet Success

Post by squidlips » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:48 pm

Larry,As someone who works with hospice patients, let me tell you personally that your music will make a difference in ways you can't fathom. I can promise you that. And it can't be reckoned by using dollar signs in front of it. Your music is worth the cash absolutely but the rewards for this will pay many times over. Jes living with the gratitude of knowing how things could be in your life and (fortunately) aren't is a huge blessing, let alone the difference you're making in a child's life.It's wonderful that you're noticing this. And congratulations on a well-earned check. Well done all around. So PROUD of you.

ljweber70
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ljweber70 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:14 pm

Quote:Larry,As someone who works with hospice patients, let me tell you personally that your music will make a difference in ways you can't fathom. I can promise you that. And it can't be reckoned by using dollar signs in front of it. Your music is worth the cash absolutely but the rewards for this will pay many times over. Jes living with the gratitude of knowing how things could be in your life and (fortunately) aren't is a huge blessing, let alone the difference you're making in a child's life.It's wonderful that you're noticing this. And congratulations on a well-earned check. Well done all around. So PROUD of you. Many thanks for the encouraging wordsLarry

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:24 pm

Wow, I'm suddenly overwhelmed with emotion.This is the reason we do what we do. The money is nice, but to touch people and connect with our gifts as songwriters, now that's priceless.Congratulations and thank you for bringing your music into this world.Weeping Cisco

dmitchell
Active
Active

Post by dmitchell » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:05 pm

dude,,, i didnt even read anything past your original posting and just had to respond.... thats what life is... im jealous of you... what a gig.... the music buisness probably doesnt get any better than what you described...feel fortunate... your living large.dave

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:14 pm

Larry,You (and this story) have been on mind since last night.I just wanted to say that I hope you continue to write these songs for these kids. The ripple effect from what you're doing for these kids/these families is guaranteed to be SO much more far-reaching than any cheesy little 2-minute piece of filler/fluff I will ever have placed anywhere or even write.Please, let us know when you help another family in this way. OK, I don't care if no one else wants to hear about it, I do. Please keep me posted. You make me proud to know you.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:08 pm

Quote:Hi Larry,You made a huge impact on that family. I believe in the saying that your talent is God's gift, what you do with it is how you repay him. Writing for a terminally ill child(or person) is a wonderful use of your talent. Yeah, Bittersweet, indeed, I have 3 kids.. and felt everything you're feeling. Always look on the bright side, " How you brightened someones life" The company I work for is a big sponsor of Make A Wish--- A year ago April our "Child" was a 6 year girl named Yasmine- ( with an inoperable spider brain tumor). She loved Butterflies & Princesses, at the company luncheon for her, all the ladies in the company dressed up as Butterflies and Princesses, then released live Butterflies.... it moved me very much, and I wrote her her own little song " Butterflies & Princesess".... it brought her and her family a lot of joy.. unfortunately, Yasmine never saw Christmas last year, Yasmine is gone but her song lives on.Keep writing always!Bob(((((((((((((Bob))))))))))))))That's lovely, what you did for her. I'm sure, as a dad, let alone a human being, that must've been wrenching for you. So glad you could do that for her.

Pinkstar
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Pinkstar » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:37 am

Music is medicine...you've created a cure and made a big difference in someone elses life. That's awesome. And being compensated for it is a huge success. Much success to you!xoxoxoJVB