Bitter Words about TAXI, So I've Heard...

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

flood
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Bitter Words about TAXI, So I've Heard...

Post by flood » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:09 pm

Yes, that's sorta what I meant.I would be selling vacuum cleaners to the former composers and artists who made up their hired help.

plaincountry
Active
Active

Post by plaincountry » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:12 pm

Sept 29, 2008, 10:52pm, flyingtadpole wrote:"It's a mindset. And if some aspects aren't up to professional standard, then you work on them, as a professional must. Taxi and these forums have helped me enormously in that respect. http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?b ... 2141Thanks flyingtadpole for the feedback, especially the part about thinking like a professional. I think you're right. There's no way to become a professional, if I don't think like one. I went ahead and joined Taxi, and I'm looking forward to my feedback on my first submission any day now. It will only get better from there!

flyingtadpole
Impressive
Impressive

Post by flyingtadpole » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:25 pm

Oct 19, 2008, 9:12pm, plaincountry wrote:Thanks flyingtadpole for the feedback, especially the part about thinking like a professional. I think you're right. There's no way to become a professional, if I don't think like one. I went ahead and joined Taxi, and I'm looking forward to my feedback on my first submission any day now. It will only get better from there!Another thing Taxi is good for is hubris curing and ego calming. I have to say, I wait for my feedback with anxiety every time. And one of the last, mentioned "sounds too synthetic" again...oops. The really successful who post on this board say "don't get emotionally bound up in your music" which is another professional mindset that is often very hard to achieve. One of the best pieces of advice I saw when I first came in was to have work steadily rolling through...so that there is always another good song in for screening when the current one falls off its perch!But it does get better when and as you work on it. I've had another two very nice things happen today which are non-Taxi but made possible in large part by the Taxi mind- and music-gym. They probably won't go further either, that being the nature of the music business world, so I'll probably never be able to crow about them in the Shameless Self-Promotion pages, but still...makes up for the last three returns