Black Friday Deals! What did you spot?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Black Friday Deals! What did you spot?

Post by ResonantTone » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:00 pm

My current favorites of the soundtoys bundle are:

- little radiatior
- decapitator
- devil loc
- echoboy

To me, the best part about cool plugins isn't even the sound itself... it's the creativity and inspiration you get from experimenting with them. :)

Andrew

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:16 am

I've been on a hardware kick, lately. The only software I bought was from XLN Audio, to complete my Addictive Drums collection at half price. Mallets and United Heavy, in case you wondered. I've been picking up bits and bobs from Facebook Marketplace, some at drastic price reductions, like a gently used QSC 350W power amp for $150. My new Washburn mandolin was sale price, so I guess it qualifies, $350 including tax and a hard case I sourced elsewhere.

Some recent scores:

Mosky DTC multi effect, $50, new

This wan't discounted, but it consists of a distortion with four knobs and two voicings, an 808-style overdrive, a footswitchable FX loop and a really sweet analog delay. That's three pedals and a loop switcher for fifty bucks. It sounds great; add a wah/volume and a multieffector like the Zoom CDR Stomp, it could be your fly rig. I'm pairing mine with a Line6 M5 and something yet to be determined, in the loop.

Digitech Jam Man Solo XT, $100, used, w/ 3 button footswitch, used, $35, shipped

This very cool looper is kinda clunky for live looping, and particularly w/o the footswitch, but it has the unique ability to arrange loops in sequence, seamlessly, meaning you don't have to hit the switch on the beat-just select the next or previous loop and it begins at the end of the currently playing loop. Loops can be up to fifteen minutes each and external card storage allows 200 loops at CD quality. Using JamManager software, I can import loops from my DAW and freely select intro, verse, chorus, bridge, outro, etc. so long as the loops are contiguous. I can now take my DAW's symphony orchestra to the gig, no computers, no hard drives. Rhythm section? Horn Section? Four-part harmony and full orchestration? Yes, please. For live looping, I'll be adding a TC Electronic Ditto Mic, for beatboxing, mandolin, djembe, miscellaneous percussion and whatnot.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:08 am

Some of their stuff is quite useful and getting it all for a bit over 100 USD is a very good deal... http://www.pettinhouse.com/html/black-f ... mples.html