We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Blues Rock Instrumental

Post by DouglasKnight » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:03 pm

Happy New Year!

I'd love to get your feedback on this track for the listing below: https://s.disco.ac/lefqrfapuhrx

I was going for the Black Keys vibe on this one.

Lots of BLUES ROCK INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a prolific Music Library with international distribution that's landing thousands of cool placements in TV shows around the globe.

This Library is searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that could be found on a playlist with these references:

"You Sure Drive A Hard Bargain" by Joe Bonamassa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLLPTFKBhtE

"No Lovin" by The Black Keys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvpD3Q_VbFc

"Oh! That Bitches Brew" by Philip Sayce. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM8VCTwFtj8

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumental Cues only for this pitch.

Quoting the Library: "Strong guitar work is a big plus."

Please submit top-notch original Blues Rock Instrumental Cues brimming with raw energy all the way through! Your submissions should have memorable melodies, rockin' rhythms, catchy choruses, and excellent musicianship. Instrumentation that blends Blues with Rock elements and is in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best for this pitch. Live instrumentation is recommended, but if you choose to use any virtual instruments or samples, be sure that they're high-quality.

All submissions should clock in around 2 minutes, give or take. Non-Faded, Button/Stinger endings will work best for this request.

Thanks all,
Doug

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Blues Rock Instrumental

Post by deantaylor » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:53 am

Hey Doug,
Happy New Year! I like your track and it seems in the ballpark of the reference track. Others can help you better than I with a detailed analysis of the mix/sound.
Dean

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:56 am

Hi Doug, great guitar sounds and playing as usual! I think the basics are there, but there are two things you might consider to try and get s little closer the Black Keys vibe. The first is the drums. I might try a bit darker kit sound and perhaps sit the kit in a bit more of a room, and that might help give it less of a mechanical feel. Its tough with a simple pattern but anything to loosen it up a little would help, and the ref track has a few subtle (and some less so) embellishments to the pattern. The other thing for me is that mix/mastering. The ref track has a lot of grit in and I think that helps give the impression of more going on, even though there's really not so much, and the overall EQ seems to me to have a lo-fi/vintage feel too. Both those things give the track a lot of character, which is in keeping with the genre, and trying to inject some of that old analog sound would help elevate the impact of the track IMHO. I hope some of that helps, and good luck with the submission.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:18 am

deantaylor wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:53 am
Hey Doug,
Happy New Year! I like your track and it seems in the ballpark of the reference track. Others can help you better than I with a detailed analysis of the mix/sound.
Dean
Thanks a lot Dean, much appreciated!

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:21 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:56 am
Hi Doug, great guitar sounds and playing as usual! I think the basics are there, but there are two things you might consider to try and get s little closer the Black Keys vibe. The first is the drums. I might try a bit darker kit sound and perhaps sit the kit in a bit more of a room, and that might help give it less of a mechanical feel. Its tough with a simple pattern but anything to loosen it up a little would help, and the ref track has a few subtle (and some less so) embellishments to the pattern. The other thing for me is that mix/mastering. The ref track has a lot of grit in and I think that helps give the impression of more going on, even though there's really not so much, and the overall EQ seems to me to have a lo-fi/vintage feel too. Both those things give the track a lot of character, which is in keeping with the genre, and trying to inject some of that old analog sound would help elevate the impact of the track IMHO. I hope some of that helps, and good luck with the submission.
Thanks so much for listening and for the helpful feedback and suggestions! I'll give those ideas a try before submitting. :D