boogie woogie

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

boogie woogie

Post by feaker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:39 am

I know one should not put more than one thread here at a time, but Rudy is pretty much talked out so here I go. Went out to visit my daughter last weekend a stumbled across something very interesting. I had sent her a couple of songs dedicated to the kids and got to observe something special. The kids are 7, 2 1/2 and 1. She told me about mid morning they all will start getting a little tired and crabby. They did. She popped in my CD and like magic they came alive. They all hooted and started dancing. Even the two year old knew all the words. My daughter said "dad ever time they get cranky, I just pop in the cd and they are good to go". I just wondered if everyone knew how special it is for a child to hear their names surrounded by music. If any of you have children you know that you could compose for, I can gaurantee it will bring them joy.Gramps then had to join in. I stared doing the twist and singing "Carver boogie woogie". Of course they joined in. I told my daughter I will go back now and make a boogie woogie song they can dance to and hear thier names once again.I have since sent the CD and it is a big hit. This song is not going to be up for a taxi review. I only put it here to illustrate what kind on tune the young ones like to dance to. I have never played country, so i thought I might lean that way. I have always used some type of effects on everything. This is the gibson straight into the board and a little verb on my pathetic voice. Three chords, no hook:)Corny, I know, but it fits me. Thanks for stopping by Paulhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=1105 ... am=1CARVER BOGGIE WOGGIEWay out in Minnesota there’s a familyThey’ve got this young dude named Ryan LeeA little brother Nate, a sister graceMy my my it’s a wonderful placeBut don’t yawl think there is something wrongCause grandpa’s cutting loose on a country songShake it shake it don’t you break it everybody check out Mom… yeah go momTearin up the floor man, we got us a party goin on yeah….yeah…Get out all the homework Ryan’s doing mathMama’s got grace and Nater’s takin a bathDad is watchin TV and drinkin a beerIt happens every time gram and grandpa are hereSo grab your stuff and come alongCause we are getting down to this boggie songShake it shake it, don’t you break it, everybody check out Grace ..get down GraceTearing up the floor man, we got us a party goin on ..yeah..yeah…So if you’re really bored and there’s nothing to doPlay this little tune and kick off your shoesClap… your hands and wiggle aroundSpinning round in circles, but don’t fall downFeels so good, it will make you grinAnd step aside kids daddy’s joining inShake it shake it , don’t you break it, ererybody check out Nate .. Go NateTearing up the floor man, we got us a party goin on yeah..yeah….Carver boggie woogie yeah yeah (4)Boogie woogie fever’s got control of meI just can’t stop dancing can’t you seeBoggie woogie…….fade out

cyndy
Impressive
Impressive

Re: boogie woogie

Post by cyndy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:03 am

Just have to tell you...the world is a better place because you're in it!!And... your grandkids are some of the most fortunate ones on the block... 'cause their grandpa makes their world spin!!Thank you. Thru this posting, you've encouraged me to use (in extra ways) the music gift I've been given. I used to go to a couple of nursing homes to share it, but haven't done so for a while. Well, maybe that's gonna change!

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: boogie woogie

Post by feaker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:25 am

Thanks cyndy:) We are very close to our daughters and five grandkids. I drive an 82 year old piano player to a nursing home. They just adore him. Good for the soul. I think with your singing talents and the help of the good folks here, you are going to turn some heads. Thanks for the nice comment. sincerely Paul