Boomy

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Boomy

Post by shoodBworkin » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:58 am

"Boomy is the magic instant music robot. After setting a few filters and pressing “Create Song,” Boomy’s creative artificial intelligence will write and produce a full song for you in seconds, then prompt you to reject or save it. As you do this, Boomy develops your taste profile, which helps it learn what makes a song you love."

https://medium.com/boomy/what-is-boomy-82432e8f18c

Thoughts?

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Boomy

Post by hummingbird » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:47 am

Band in a Box 2.0? Now I don't even have to put in chords and key, just click a button and hey presto, look, I wrote a song!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:30 am

OK, I'll bite :).

They say they want to turn everyone into a capable musician, just like the digital/phone camera turned everyone into a capable photographer. Well, that's not what the digital camera did, it merely made the equipment easier to use and more accessible, but a skilled photographer will always get better results whilst lamenting the lack of facility and refinement of the tool. I'm pretty sure this tool will be much the same, and I'll not be worried until it can play guitar/flute/sax/fiddle etc in a 'human' and emotional way.

They also say that THEY OWN the songs you make, but you can buy them for $19! That worries me a lot more ! :) I've seen enough thanks.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shoodBworkin » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:30 pm

I doubt if whomever picks tracks for segments of Flip Or Flop cares if it’s an algorithm making ‘em. Might be an algorithm picking ‘em! Easily digestible fare works for the Food Network too lol

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SubRivers » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:49 pm

It all depends on how convincing the arrangement, performance and production quality is - without that it is a "midi" generator + band in a box

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shoodBworkin » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:03 pm

Production quality for sure. Is there some reason an algorithm can’t have access to the same library of sounds used to create the bland, unobtrusive stuff featured between segments of “Flip Or Flop” or those Food Network shows?