Boyz In The Band - bar boogie

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

iceman
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Boyz In The Band - bar boogie

Post by iceman » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi,I received a dispatch a few days ago asking for straight ahead untempo rock music to backdrop an indie film maker's Texas bar room scene. No doubt most you read this dispatch. I remixed a tune I thought appropraite for the listing and hired a singer besides myself. The singer, who I worked with 20 years ago, is actually a honky tonk country guy with good pipes. So what you hear on the song is his spin. He jazzed it up pretty good. I'm interested to hear any opinions regarding the singing style matching the music style and the octave guitar sections betweens the verses. Or anything else, for that matter.Don't think you should need lyrics. They are pretty easy to understand.Thanks for listening.Randyhttp://www.taximusic.com/download/52416/Boyz%2 ... 20Band.mp3

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Boyz In The Band - bar boogie

Post by rld » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:53 pm

Hey Randy,I checked out your tune.I sent in a couple for this as well, so good luck to both of us!It's really impossible to tell exactly what theses guys are looking for.I certainly think your song falls within the parameters specified.I probably wouldn't have had a rotating pan on that one guitar lead.And I hope this isn't disqualified from broadcast quality cause there seems to be a hiss at the very start and a really loud hiss at 0:06 when the slide part comes in.Good luck!Edit: Here's one I sent in.Come On

iceman
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by iceman » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:25 pm

I totally missed that hiss. Must be nice to have good ears. I had to solo the tracks to hear it. It was on the beginning of the bass track. But just the leader. Have no idea where it came from. Anyway I fixed it and reuploaded...for what that's worth.Liked your song. Fits the criteria well...good party song.Thanks for your input and good luck. Randy

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rld » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Hey Randy,Just checking to see how you did.I was able to get a forward for Come On

iceman
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by iceman » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:07 pm

Rock on, dude...and congrats!I got a forward as well. So it looks like it's you and me. High noon --- OK Corral --- be there! Randy

southpaw
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by southpaw » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:13 pm

hey Randy, i tried to listen but it didnt let me download for some reason... It might just be on my end though, since others have been able to listen.. Could you post a link to the page with the song on it as well? Id like to hear it. Congrats on the forward!
Stay Fresh,

Jamie Leger 
The Music Business Architect for Independent Musicians

--> FREE GUIDE: Double New Fan Signups At Your Next Show!

Proudly Helping Hundreds of Modern Musicians liberate the music business-on their own terms.

iceman
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by iceman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:39 am

Try this one.http://www.prenticephoto.com/band/BoyzInTheBand-V5.mp3I find that on some links that don't work, I can right click, select <Save Target> where I can download the file to my desktop. Then I play it locally. Also, opening Quicktime, selecting File|Open URL and pasting in the link address, works for me.Hope this works. Guess I should look into music hosting sites. I have to do extra work to open many of the links posted on this forum.Thanks for your interest in my song. Randy