Bring Something to the Party

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Bring Something to the Party

Post by couchgrouch » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:38 am

Bring Something to the PartyI grew up on a ten acre farm in Arkansasme and the neighbor boy ran and played in the strawonce I wanted to get him something good for his birthdaybut we were poor and I didn't have much to paythen my Dad said gifts are about friendship not expenseso we built him a fort in the oak by our fencemy friend and I camped out and told stories till dawnI learned I had no reason to feel bad as longas I bring something to the partyand don't come empty-handedhave something to share, with ev'ryone theredon't take the gift of giving for grantedyeah, a man is nothingif he can't bring somethingbring somthing to the partyone August night lightning struck my neighbor's farma bunch of us got together to rebuild his barnby then Dad was too old to hammer in that hot sunbut he brought jars of homemade brew for when the day was doneyeah, bring something to the partyand don't come empty-handedhave something to share, with ev'ryone theredon't take the gift of giving for grantedyeah, a man is nothingif he can't bring somethingbring somthing to the partythis county's full of reminders of what Dad gave to folksI hope from his mansion on high he sees the fort in that oakwhatever he could...he gave all that was histhat's how he showed me the meaning of living isjust bring something to the partyand don't come empty-handedhave something to share, with ev'ryone theredon't take the gift of giving for grantedyeah, a man is nothingif he can't bring somethingbring somthing to the party(c)2004 Robert George