"BROKEN" RoCK

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "BROKEN" RoCK

Post by aimusic » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:18 am

Yeah BFD kicks ass I got BFD 1.5 and 2, managed to save myself a cool £70 buy buying BFD 1.5 and then the upgrade, I searched high and low on ebay for deals and finally found one!!!!Are you submitting it for a listing with Taxi?

zoli
Active
Active

Post by zoli » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:49 am

Yep. I submitted it 3 days ago. Both songs. We'll see how it goes. It's only my first. Next week I'm gonna sit down & spend a bit of money & cover the whole listing & submit in what I think might work for the songs I have & prolly a handful of short peices that I have catologued as well.

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:58 am

Cooll song, I get a big Nickleback vibe. This listings is probably a pretty big hurdle so GOOD LUCK!

zoli
Active
Active

Post by zoli » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:01 am

Thanks Bill. In what way do you mean 'Big Hurdle'???

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:36 am

I think he means that they'll be very selective about what goes through and if your song goes through, then you know that you nailed it big time!!!!

zoli
Active
Active

Post by zoli » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 am

Well wouldn't that be nice if they did?! I'm just greatful for the oportunity. It's been pretty tuff & expensive tthrowing CD's around the world without support or reasons why I didn't get in. My album has seen many a "round files". Australia is good when you win the lottery but we just don't have the population to support more than we do. So I'm greatful already. At least I will maybe get a good critique on the way.

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:58 am

That's the awesome thing about Taxi, is it doesn't matter where you're from, you get the equal opportunity to shine... oh and some really kick ass tips on your songs etc...Yeah it's the same in south africa, if you aint writing Kwaito (african version of hip-hop) or Sokkie (Afrikaans version of country) then you pretty much stand no chance of getting anywhere...Yeah they've got some awesome people who work on the screening of the songs,so atleast you know the feedback you get comes from a person with experience and knowledge...

chris555

Post by chris555 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi -Nice tunes. My fav is "close your eyes". Gives a great visual and I really dig the sing/answer at the end. Nice touch. Have you thought about doubling the lead vocal? Maybe lower the synth a bit too. Just my taste. "Broken" was good but I felt like you were holding back on the vocal range and think you should really let loose. Nice tunes and best of luck to you.Peace- MoG

zoli
Active
Active

Post by zoli » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:30 am

Thanks Chris.I'm actually considering re-doing "Close your eyes" as it is a few years old as mentioned. Plus my voice is changing as I muture (figuratively speaking lol) so I think it will sound very diferent when I finish it.As for broken. I have to say that it's all I can give with vocals unfortunately. I gave everything I had for that one. & trust me.... I was in the right headspace when I wrote it too. Who knows maybe I'll Nickelback to do it instead. Now how cool would that be?!Very good points Chris. Thanks for telling me. They are very points you have brought up.CheersZoltan

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:08 am

zoli,Good stuff man! Good drum programming! Good vocs. Very nice production overall. Good luck on the piece!ibanez468