"BROKEN" RoCK

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

zoli
Active
Active

"BROKEN" RoCK

Post by zoli » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:27 am

Hello everyone.Well I suppose it's not fair to be critiquing others if I can't stand up to the plate myself. Would you agree?! It might be a great way for introducing myself to this great & most informative site I have ever been to. I have just finished my first rockie/maybe grungie song last week & probably just in time to join taxi & submit it along-side another song. I generally do Adult Contemp. Pop to R&B & funk & a little smooth jazz. But as you can hear I try my chances with everything.At the moment I am feeling my way around intensely but am sticking to the artist/Singer/singwriter & writing for other acts.So my first 10 bucks was on this baby. Might not be exact but the other song is a lighter than this. It's a start I think.I am excited about this new Taxi venture, Open minded & above all patient. It is definately an oportunity to shop out of Sydney. I am too far from the heartbeat of music so this works well for me.Broken is the first take demo & is not mastered (Prolly a little hot too)but you'll get the jist. Hope you like it. If not....tell me why! I am eagar to learn from the amazing people I have been reading about here.CheersZoltanS080415RKCOMMERCIAL ROCK/POP BANDS/ARTISTS in the wide range of Dave Matthews Band, Ben Harper, Matchbox Twenty, The Killers, etc. are sought after by the Manager of a platinum-selling rock band. He wants someone who sounds original -- has their own voice -- yet also exhibits true commercial potential. He's looking for very mainstream material and an overall commercial sound/image, with the capabilities of coming out as strong as Hootie and The Blowfish did - out of nowhere but huge! Original and unique, but with mass appeal and commercially viable songs. Please submit two to three songs online or per CD, include photo/bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received by April 15, 2008. TAXI #S080415RKhttp://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?user ... 4BROKENWhy… Did I let you goBut did I really wanna be with youWhen I know you’d break my heart againYou can’t say… That you didn’t knowAnd once again I’ve been played the foolN’ stole my heart & you left me brokenAnd so the story goes…That everyone could see the writing on the wallBut not me… It’s no wonder why I gotta start againCause I’m broken…That I’m living here without you.And I don’t care cause I know you didn’t want to.But it’s stone cold how you lied to me & then youTried to make it so innocentYou both made it so innocent.You know I…wasn’t ready to go.But did I really have a say in it.When you compromised the love I laid before youAnd now…You thought you had it allAin’t funny how the table’s turnedYou lost it all & he left you for another.And so the story goes…That everyone could see you loved him from the startBut not me… And that’s why I’m never comin’ back again.Cause I’m Broken…etcTell me why…. D’you both lie to meN’ all that time I thought we’d make it.Tell me why…. D’you both lie to meDid I deserve it???And so the story goes…That I gave you everything right from the startI know…By the empty heart I’m with.Chorus out 2008 Zoltan Budimcevic

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "BROKEN" RoCK

Post by aimusic » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:04 am

Hey Zoltan,Awesome track, I'd say it's more of a Fuel/Rob Thomas kinda sound, more towards Fuel... I'd be really keen to here more of your stuff, to analyse your sound as a whole as a singer/songwriter...Welcome to Taxi, hope your stay is one of much success!!!

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:17 am

Like it. Great voice.

zoli
Active
Active

Post by zoli » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:21 am

Thanks guys..I would have thought more along the lines on "Nickelback" but "Fuel is interresting.Ok... I have released my stuff for listening on my profile. Good luck pigeon-holing me "B" as it might be a bit hard. I write so many variences. This is probably to my demise unfortunately but I can't help it & don't feel it's good to stop the flow of whatever comes along in my head.The other song I presented was "Close your Eyes" ....out of interrest.Cheers & thanksZoltan.

questor
Impressive
Impressive

Post by questor » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:28 pm

I like both songs, but I think 'close your eyes' needs to have the vocals brought up a little more to the foreground...however, that could be a product of my speaker system...I totally agree with you to go wherever the music takes you and never let yourself be constrained to one genre...I think one of the greatest things about taxi is that anyone can try thier hand at any genre without being pre-judged for not having other songs for that genre...if that makes sense. Each song stand (or falls) on it's own merit.Overall, nice tunes with very good vocals. Great Job!

asiabackpacker
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by asiabackpacker » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Great song. Sorry, no constructive criticism here. I really felt it.....-elliott

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:04 am

Yo Z,Everytime I listen to this song, I dig it more and more... but I'm sticking to my guns at saying your voice sounds like Brett Scallions. And I'm a huge Fuel Fan, so dude 5 thumbs up for you!!

zoli
Active
Active

Post by zoli » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:01 am

Hey Guys.Thanks for the comments. Questor...You are right about the vocals being soft. That song was done 3 years ago when I was a little low set on vocals.B'. Thanks. I was never into fuel & never heard their stuff until yesterday after you mentioned that & I can see a little alikeness.Elliott... Thanks That comment I'll take as a compliment.I'm considering adding a bit of flavour to "Close Your Eyes" just to bring the song out to where it needs to be. Submission closes in April & might have time to do so.Thanks again for your comments so far.Zoltan.

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:09 am

Hey Z,Which listing you submitting Close Your Eyes to?

zoli
Active
Active

Post by zoli » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:16 am

Yep. I've already submitted it. I thought They were similar in a sort of way. I have a vision in my head on where "Close your eyes" needs to be. First thing is that it needs a little distortion guitar & the other is updating the drums now that I have bfd. When I'm done it should sound Pretty complete.