BUILDING, EMOTIONAL TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DavidClipperton

BUILDING, EMOTIONAL TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS

Post by DavidClipperton » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:19 pm

Hey all fellow TAXI goers!

I have a bit of an odd one here.

I wrote a piece for S210725EM back in July which was the first go-around for this listing. Before submitting it, I also posted the track in peer-to-peer and got great advice from everyone. I made some changes based on everyone's input and submitted the track. It was returned.

The screeners comments were as follows:

I think you could improve this song by
This could use a stronger central theme. Samples could be more current-sounding.

I returned or forwarded this song because
This needs more development in the writing and production.

Also the boxes Melody could be stronger, Could have a better developmental "arc", Song instrument sounds or samples sound dated or of a lower quality, Recording/Mix needs improvement were all checked.

Now the listing has come back because the library didn't get what they wanted.
While I don't mind the return, my question is, would it be ok to re-submit the song to the new listing seeing as I've worked on the piece some more and the library never heard it the first time as it was returned?

Here's the track if you'd like to check it out.
Please let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/davidclipperton/ ... b46ce5200a

Cheers!

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: BUILDING, EMOTIONAL TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS

Post by AlanHall » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:29 pm

Have the screener's issues have been addressed? If so, then I can't see why you wouldn't try for this (new, second-time-around) listing. I like the piece, sounds current and modern to my newbie ears ;)
I was a little disappointed that the big build to the climax just stopped and dropped - the 'fourth act' being soft rather than gigantic - but that's just me. Good luck!

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: BUILDING, EMOTIONAL TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS

Post by irthlingz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:59 pm

Since the new listing (S211025TR) says:
If you submitted to listing #S210725EM, please send different material this time around
I would be leary of submitting the same same piece again, especially since the screener's critique addressed the core of the piece -- "stronger central theme" -- "melody could be stronger". If I changed the central theme/melody, then I'd say that's a different piece, and I'd be comfortable submitting it.

===
Michael