BUILDING MUSIC STUDIO DURING LOCKDOWN

Tell us about your studio and post some photos no matter how modest or robust it is!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AMAGI

BUILDING MUSIC STUDIO DURING LOCKDOWN

Post by AMAGI » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:46 pm

Hello Taxi community :) I have just joined Taxi and after watching last Taxi YouTube episode where Michael mentioned noone is posting in this topic, I've decided to share my YouTube video series 'Building Music Studio DIY'. 23rd March 2020 we have just received keyes to our new house which we bought also for the outbuilding placed in the back garden which I was planning to turn into my music studio. The day we had received the keys it was also the first day of the lockdown in the UK. Noone even knew at that time what this really means...We all know what happened then; the entire world 'stopped' for months! Very soon we (my husband & I) have realised, that if we won't build the studio ourselves - it won't happen soon...Here is 3 PART series of the building process. I have to stress that none of us have ever done such a serious DIY. But... we've done it and studio looks and sound amazing! Seems like in our case COVID brought some 'positives' (if I can even say that... :roll: ) - we learned new skills, we have saved lots of £££ and I finally I have my dedicated studio! Enjoy watching

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQpx ... 5RIlYAw2rf

benprice

Re: BUILDING MUSIC STUDIO DURING LOCKDOWN

Post by benprice » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:04 am

Hey

I watched your build. It was very impressive. I really enjoyed seeing it all come together & in the end it looked fantastic. Im currently building something myself. Its a very long process though as Im only able to do a few hours every day, and it seems like i will never finish, but the end goal makes it all worth it. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Great video, impressive DIY skills and excellent results. What a nice room you've ended up with! I'm very envious, as I have the dreaded small square room. Thanks for posting.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

ballereau
Active
Active

Post by ballereau » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:12 pm

VERY COOL!
Looks Great

Are you enjoying the sound?

Best

Larry

AudiniAudio
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AudiniAudio » Mon May 17, 2021 5:20 am

Interesting. Roll with the punches.

edmondredd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by edmondredd » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:12 pm

that's such a magical thing :) from the ground up, hats off to you for doing such work! I really dig your place! thanks for sharing!
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image