Calling all gym rats....

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Calling all gym rats....

Post by VanderBoegh » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:13 am

Hey everyone, I'm sure looking forward to what promises to be another amazing Road Rally. This will be my 10th one in-person, and every year I get as excited for it as a kid at Christmas time.

Just a heads-up if you're looking to speak with me specifically this year (which, I'll never understand how I came to be viewed as an expert in this game, lol - I'm truly just too stupid to quit and outlasted much of the competition, which is an easy strategy to emulate!), I won't be spending a whole lot of time in the lobby. As a "totally random Matt thing", I'm competing in my final bodybuilding show of my brief foray in the physique world the weekend after the Rally. So I'll be existing in a major calorie-deficit, running on zero energy and a helluva lot of caffeine, be run-down like a dead battery, and eating zero carbs. And that also means I can't drink any beer, booze, or eat anything super tasty - my lunches will consist of canned chicken and raw zucchini in my room, ugh! I say that to tell you all not to bother offering to buy me a drink or anything, as I won't be able to drink it and will just have to turn you down. Better that you just save your money (or spend it on yourself!) instead.

HOWEVER, though I won't have as much of a presence this year, you CAN find me in the Westin hotel gym. I'll be there Fri, Sat, and Sun mornings, probably around 6 or 7'ish, until I get done with what I need to do. I'll bring my headphones and will be willing to listen to anybody's music and talk shop who wants to join me on the treadmill or wants to sling some weights around. Consider this your time to catch me as a captive audience member, just in case you wanted to sign up for a 1-on-1 mentoring session with me and all the spots were taken, or if you just want to pick my brain or get some feedback. I'll call them my "extended office hours", and will accept all pop-in visitors, hahahahaha.

See you all tomorrow!!!

~~Matt

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Calling all gym rats....

Post by Casey H » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:29 am

Hey Matt!
You can be my spotter!! If you can handle that kind of weight!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See you soon!
:D Casey

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:03 am

I had the idea of buying one of those T-shirts printed with a ripped body-builder's muscles,
wear it to go trick-or-treating last night - with a TAXI lanyard around my neck... not with my name, but as
Matt Vander Boegh

Win big, Matthew!!
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

SteveR
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SteveR » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:25 am

It would be an honour to meet you Matt. Due to the huge time zone difference I am existing in, I will be at the gym around 4am (probably after already being awake a couple of hours…). I’m not a hard core gym rat like you evidently are, but I do make sure I exercise regularly - mainly to earn “beer credits” and try to stop my waist line widening further… All the best for your comp next week, Steve Rainbow

SteveR
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SteveR » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:50 am

Further to the above, I just got to the “gym” now. The normal gym is under renovation so they converted a room (1258) to a temporary gym. It only has one bike, one strider, a bench and free weights (no treadmill). If it gets busy it’ll be cozy in here. Plan your workout accordingly. Good luck.

StewartMcLellan

Post by StewartMcLellan » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:21 am

Saw that when I rolled in yesterday - probably do a bit of bodyweight stuff in the room. With all the standing and especially sitting from travel and the workshops, planning lots of stretching. Thanks for the heads-up!

StewartMcLellan

Post by StewartMcLellan » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:22 am

Saw that when I rolled in yesterday - probably do a bit of bodyweight stuff in the room. With all the standing and especially sitting from travel and the workshops, planning lots of stretching. Thanks for the heads-up!

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:42 pm

I honestly saw you in the lobby more than I expected :D
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

SteveR
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SteveR » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:26 am

How did your comp go Matt? I hope it went well.