Can I submit AI rap? (I won't!)

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Can I submit AI rap?

Post by eeoo » Wed May 10, 2023 12:42 pm

Welcome to the future, no talent necessary. :lol:

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Wed May 10, 2023 1:15 pm

eeoo wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:42 pm
Welcome to the future, no talent necessary. :lol:
I really look at it from a different angle: talent is also needed to utilize the AI in the right manner. Get inspired by the AI, and then change its output so it really does exactly what you want.
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV & radio placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by eeoo » Wed May 10, 2023 1:36 pm

So really the AI is the talent and you just kinda cobble it together? Sounds so gratifying and inspiring.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Thu May 11, 2023 1:46 am

Recently, I read that 38 Million of the tracks uploaded to Spotify never had a single stream throughout the whole of 2022. I can imagine that number increasing rapidly for future years, so I hope Spotify campaign against the commercial use of AI, even if its just to save some of their server space :).
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Thu May 11, 2023 1:52 am

eeoo wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:36 pm
So really the AI is the talent and you just kinda cobble it together? Sounds so gratifying and inspiring.
I look at it more as computer-aided design. Nothing really new. Another couple of plugins in the DAW that help to make better music.
Last edited by CTWF on Thu May 11, 2023 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV & radio placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Thu May 11, 2023 1:57 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 1:46 am
Recently, I read that 38 Million of the tracks uploaded to Spotify never had a single stream throughout the whole of 2022. I can imagine that number increasing rapidly for future years, so I hope Spotify campaign against the commercial use of AI, even if its just to save some of their server space :).
I can see the argument, but this cat really is out of the bag. Just like they were never able to reign in unapproved/unlicensed remixes.

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Thu May 11, 2023 7:25 am

Sounds like you really want to do this, despite the warnings & advice from others. So I dunno what else to add. I guess I'll just say "do it", and when / if you get a call from a music library to sort out the details, you can try to square it all up with them and see if they let it fly or if they shake their head in disgust. Your call & your reputation.

~~Matt

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu May 11, 2023 7:30 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 5:07 pm
... and in all the time you've spent fretting over whether you can get away without doing any work, you could have written it yourself (with a lot more satisfaction too). Then you'd only have to worry about how to avoid paying a vocalist. :roll: :lol:
+1

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Thu May 11, 2023 7:43 am

VanderBoegh wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 7:25 am
Sounds like you really want to do this, despite the warnings & advice from others. So I dunno what else to add. I guess I'll just say "do it", and when / if you get a call from a music library to sort out the details, you can try to square it all up with them and see if they let it fly or if they shake their head in disgust. Your call & your reputation.
Hey Matt, no, that is sort of a misunderstanding. I will not do what I library does not want me to do. And I take this very seriously. You'll not even in the past, before they cracked more down on it, find any sample loops in my tracks.

No, my point is: Would it not make sense to create a legal framework to make it possible? And I think the staunch AI-opposers on here are a little behind the curve. It's gonna come anyway IMO.

Tom

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Can I submit AI rap? (I won't!)

Post by eeoo » Thu May 11, 2023 8:13 am

Behind the curve or ahead of it?